Home

Where's the Franchise Q&A?

This is a discussion on Where's the Franchise Q&A? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Where\'s the Franchise Q&A?

Quote:

backbreaker said:
Quote:

tmac2k3 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Something that worries me quite a bit is the fact that the CPU team you face won't be using weekly prep. So what...this means I can give some of my players up to a 6 or 7 point boost to their stats on a week to week basis, making them that much better than the computer? I can really see this becoming a problem over time if someone puts together a team that is already very good before weekly prep.

Exactly. IMO, weekly prep makes absolutely no sense if the cpu cannot also use the feature. So, if you have a great prep week and boost your star players by an average of 3-5 points, the cpu has to still play with stock rosters...how dumb is that??? I'm actually considering playing just about all my games online this year as I don't care to sell hot dogs in Madden or create what some are calling super teams in ESPN.

I'm an old cat, and my patience is thin, but you young guys make statements with no basis of fact, just say it, like its the law. Well, for the pessimist and the lazy, cast your eyes on this question as to why the cpu doesn't need to be part of the vip, and if you played franchise you will realize that the cpu learned your tendencies and acted as such.

Without further "Freddy Adu"

Q: Can the CPU learn from on-the-field situations? If you run to the right 80% of the time, will the CPU's AI learn? I know if you run the same play a few times, the CPU learns.. but in 2K4, the CPU never seemed to learn from what I'm doing in general, such as my routine hot-routes or certain paths I want my recievers running.. or even just the simple things such as running to the right often.

A: The CPU gathers information for the first quarter and a half. From there, it tries to adjust using playcalling.

You know, I don't know if that was directed towards me, but even if it wasn't I would just like to point out that we aren't even talking about the VIP feature or the CPU's ability to learn. We were speaking specificially towards ratings concerning weekly prep. Luckily, I'm a young cat and my patience isn't thin.

Just take it easy everyone. Just because we express our concerns for certain features doesn't mean we aren't going to love the game. And just because we are disappointed by certain things doesn't mean you have to unleash the dogs of war upon us.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:35 PM   #50
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

myownsun said:
Once again franchise seems like it was the second priority to vc

Gameplay is or at least should be the Main priority. Therefore, VC has their priorities in the right order.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #51
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

I guess your all happy with a barebones franchise mode.

I could go down that list and tell you how most of those features would get stale within a month but youll see. And have you seen M05's franchise mode WOW, take notes VC

Oh yeah im still buying the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #52
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Also, did they add the ability to track game by game stats?
Old 07-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #53
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

myownsun said:

I could go down that list and tell you how most of those features would get stale within a month but youll see. And have you seen M05's franchise mode WOW, take notes VC

Like I said...VC puts gameplay first thus they have their priorities in order.

and You're right, Madden 05's franchise Mode looks great and has some things that hopefully VC can add in future editions like real coaching staffs, player personalities, and position battles. This yr, however, I'm quite thankful for weekly prep, real in-game highlights, pre and post-draft analysis, an espn.com league news interface and a Much deeper and more versatile contract system...not to mention VIP for real NFL Head Coaches.

Man, if VC had 90 people on their staff like Tiburon instead of the 30-something they have right now....The upgrades we'd see to nfl2k each yr? unfathomable.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if there will be sorts for nfc/afc leaders and not just NFL leaders? I asked this question in the q and a, but he didn't really answer it.

If you want to see, I am Icefire, on the boards.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #55
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

myownsun said:

Like I said...VC puts gameplay first thus they have their priorities in order.

and You're right, Madden 05's franchise Mode looks great and has some things that hopefully VC can add in future editions like real coaching staffs, player personalities, and position battles. This yr, however, I'm quite thankful for weekly prep, real in-game highlights, pre and post-draft analysis, an espn.com league news interface and a Much deeper and more versatile contract system...not to mention VIP for real NFL Head Coaches.

Man, if VC had 90 people on their staff like Tiburon instead of the 30-something they have right now....The upgrades we'd see to nfl2k each yr? unfathomable.

Agreed i love the fact that 2k has only been around a few years yet they have features in the game that madden has yet to implement.. Plus i know if there wasnt a 2k there wouldnt be a ownermode in madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

myownsun said:

Why do you keep going on and on posting that Madden's better? Just because YOU like Maddens franchise better. it doesn't mean it IS better. Just better to you. Post after post in different threads about how Madden's franchise is best and ESPN's is "stale" ,"will get old" etc.. etc... EVERYTHING gets stale and old after a while.

I like Maddens franchise but I also like ESPN's. Stop trying to convince everyone to go one way or another.

And your little save at the end of your posts are cute too....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »