Home

V.I.P. system is gonna change sports videogames

This is a discussion on V.I.P. system is gonna change sports videogames within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2004, 02:30 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: V.I.P. system is gonna change sports videogames

Quote:

Victory said:
Quote:

Sarah said:
I'll prolly get a PS3 than XBOX 2 if that is the case. The only thing I love XBOX for is the HD.

Same here. That is if I buy a console next gen at all. The HD, or a least some form kind of mass storage, really makes the system. You probably can't understand until you get used to it but once you are you can't imagine living without it. I haven't purchased a new game for my PS2 in close to two years. Whenever I think about getting a PS2 only game that looks good I think about dealing with memory cards then I don't buy it.

Anyway, I remember reading about something that someone from from Sega's 2K series using something similar to VIP as a way to combat users using money plays over and over. This was probably 3 or 4 years ago. Anyway the way it worked was the system recorded a database on everything about every play. I assume it would be stuff like the user profile, the opponent's profile, the user's team, the opponent's team, the down and distance, field position, score, time remaining, if the user audibled, and the like. Anyway it would use Statistical analysis to look at the data and try to predict what the user would do and similar analysis to look at the best way to combat it. The more people played the game and especially the more you played the game the smarter the computer would get. But the thing is you really need to know all your users have mass storage before you would try to do something like that. If the next gen consoles are missing mass storage, or if even one of them is, then I really don't see the point of even having a next gen.

I read some place that Microsoft will include flash memory with the next XBOX.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:39 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 22

I heard the same about xbox2 using flash memory as "one" of its storage capabilities. Honestly i think consoles in the future will need some sort of large storage device ..not no add-on bs neither. I think going the route that xbox1 has is a good idea and i think more game developers will make use of it once it becomes the norm for gaming consoles.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:45 AM   #11
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I really think this feature would have been best suited for Madden -- like Madden 2003, when it was obviously the best football game. I say this because from my experience, Madden players have very distinct playing styles. But with Madden 2004 last year, I would resind what I just wrote. This feature for ESPN is just another example of where, how and why the developers of Madden have become closed minded, if not lazy, in improving their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Moegames said:
I heard the same about xbox2 using flash memory as "one" of its storage capabilities. Honestly i think consoles in the future will need some sort of large storage device ..not no add-on bs neither. I think going the route that xbox1 has is a good idea and i think more game developers will make use of it once it becomes the norm for gaming consoles.

That's right. It can't be add on. Developers need to know that all their users are going to have it before they bother to use it to its full potential.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #13
Rookie

If MS doesnt include a HD in XB2, they lose one of the best arguements for their console. They will be the first console on the market, and might not be the most powerful system once all the companys release the consoles. IE like Dreamcast.

I think MS is looking at how much moeny Sony is making on people having to buy the network adapter and HD as addons.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:31 PM   #14
Rookie

When I read about this feature the other day it sold me on ESPN. I am still a Madden guy and I am so happy I can finnally go back to madden and play online with my xbox. But I am also still gonna buy ESPN and play it. This feature has me very interested. It will be cool for online leagues as you can practice vs the other guy before playing him. But I cant wait this is gonna be tight.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

and this V.I.P. system would be what exactly?...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »