Home

How many football gamers have played real football?

This is a discussion on How many football gamers have played real football? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2004, 01:53 AM   #17
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How many football gamers have played real football?

Guard and Dt in high school.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I played HS and some small College FB. Center and Nose Tackle. I was too short to play in a real football school though.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:41 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

...Played since I was 9 years old as RB and CB...no college though because I entered the military. Also played semi-pro overseas for about 5 years up until about 2 years ago.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:14 AM   #20
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

That's the same as Gym Class. "No Soup for You!!!!!"
Old 07-06-2004, 03:43 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Played junior tackle football all the way up to High School football then i got a slipped disk in my back trying to lift a subwoofer speaker box out of my hatch back ..which had 4 12's in it lol. My back was never the same...

Anyways, Those that are from Illinois may of heard of Boylan High School..thats where i went to High School and we had a good team every year. I made all-confrence as a LB as well. We never won state but came damn close two times. My high school was always in the playoffs for the 5A Class.

My better days where with baseball..played pony,micky mantle, high school and legion league baseball. Our Mickey Mantle team won the Illinois state championships and went as far as to the regional finals and lost to the Missouri team..if we would of won that last game we were going to the Mickey Mantle World Series in NY. I was a 3rd baseman...

Man..the good ole days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 04:02 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

I have a message to all that are either playing football in high school or entering high school. Do your own Goddamn recruiting. I learned the hard way a coach can harm your chances of playing on both Saturdays or Sundays. I went through school thinking that since I was a bluechip recruit that all I had to do was let them come to me. Well this only works when you have a coach that is helping you and not against you. I went through college football hell from 1995-1998. I won't get into it because this is such a sensitive subject. Don't rely on no one to do your recruiting get copies of your football games and mail them off, and if you are a bluechip don't listen to the guys (or coaches) that call your football letters junk mail. I can't count the number of free tickets to football games I threw away, due to listening to ignorant people. When you gat mailed questionaires "PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE" fill them out. If you don't know about anything about the recruting process just ask a former college player that's actually done anything for help.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:30 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

I played football and wrestled in high school. I was a defensive tackle my freshmen year and was on the varsity team. I started gaining weight and they moved me to offensive tackle/guard my sophmore and junior years. I didn't play football my senior year because I hated playing offense and just wanted to wrestle. Of course my coaches didn't like it and they black balled me so they never showed any of my film to colleges. I was offered a spot to wrestle at Arizona State but decided not to go since I didn't want to move so far away from home. I also played a little Semi-pro football but that was short lived because I started a DJ company and also got married.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Played college ball Tenn. St. Univ.(Frosh/Soph) Joined the USMC(stationed in Seal Beach) tried out as a scab for the LA Raiders, made the team, but couldn't play because I was a Marine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »