Home

I'm sorry, but what are u thinking?

This is a discussion on I'm sorry, but what are u thinking? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 06:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: I\'m sorry, but what are u thinking?

in regards to the final 3 posts...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:14 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

After reading that post if I never played ESPN I'd have to give it a shot.

After 15 years and still haven't gotten rid of the 20-30 yard dropbacks is a game killer in my book.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Nice posts guys! The initial post sounds like a guy that has only played it for one day. I think everyone who is a long time madden players felt that way about the 2k series when we were first exposed to it. I bought NFL 2K3 on PS2 and played 2 games and hated it. Did not touch it again. I later picked it up for $20 when I got my xbox. I gave it an honest effort and I've been hooked ever since. I still buy Madden but I don't anticipate as much as I do ESPN these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 09:46 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Speaking of the 20 yard drop back...(which...I never have seem to have a problem stopping in Madden, especially in 2004.), um...Espn has its own problem with it. Although, I got sacked a few times....it was fairly easy to Roll back 15 yards and Have PLENTY of time to throw ACROSS the body accurately and hit Andre Johnson for a TD. I did this numerous times. I went online, although I lost and was still fumbling with the controls, I was able to do the same thing...until the starting bring a safety to the line of scrimmage to blitz. I don't have the counter to this yet, with Madden, he would have bee toast. 20 yard drop back is a crutch some of you are holding on to dearly...u can do it in both games. Hell, I found the accuracy of ESPN QB better in that situation. Accuracy of stats? If I can get 154 yards with the way ESPN rates the Texans' oline last year, well...i would hate to play Portis, Holmes, and I saw LT. Top Madden players run the ball too. Why, because a run game shows skill. If you throw and avg a 100 yards a game on the ground....then you are very skilled. A strong run game opens up the passing. Cheesers pass all the time....and they are easy to stop. The ability to stop with no momentum (yes 2k5 will have SOME momentum....still not to Madden level), makes it too easy to fake out defenders on Kick returns and in the run game. I think that is a game killer.....wow.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

BTW....I played ESPN in the fall last year...on a rental. Im just revisting it. Yeah, give me a week...and I will return every kick off for a TD. I will avg 200 yards a game on the ground. Without knowing all the D controls, I shutout the CPU 31-0....in that first game.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The game has sliders....

If I even think about dropping back 20 yards I'm sacked. I sometimes can't even drop back 5 yards.....

That's all I'm going to say in this thread.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

MrScarface said:
BTW....I played ESPN in the fall last year...on a rental. Im just revisting it. Yeah, give me a week...and I will return every kick off for a TD. I will avg 200 yards a game on the ground. Without knowing all the D controls, I shutout the CPU 31-0....in that first game.

Well, it sounds like you've already drawn your conclusion on the series and you're going to be entering "Troll Territory". For get about it, go turn in your rental and just stick to the Madden series. This last post of your pretty much killed the idea that you have an open mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

20 yard drop back does not exist in ESPN at ALL, Ive been playing ESPN/NFL2k for years and I never saw it, you drop back 20 yards you will stay there, the AI will sack you. Madden you can drop back 20 and talk to the Offical and still have time to trow the ball, while your reciver still satnds there and waits for you to throw the ball, and he still cathes it for a TD. That is not real at all
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »