Home

PS2 Control vs. Xbox Control

This is a discussion on PS2 Control vs. Xbox Control within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS2 Control vs. Xbox Control

Has anyone who played both versions of 2k4 noticed a difference in the control for each game? When using the ps2 D-pad the players seem to stop and go causing you to lose speed when turning directions, but when you use the analog stick its much more fluid, no stop and go, just more of a slight lean and turn. I recently just starting playing the Xbox version to get used to the controls since I want the Xbox version of 2k5. I noticed the analog stick wasnt quite as smooth as the ps2's. When using the Xbox analog control the players seem to move like the I was using the ps2 D-pad. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, has anyone ever used the Magic Box or some other device that lets you use the Ps2 controller on the Xbox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: PS2 Control vs. Xbox Control

I think the s-controller's analog sticks are placed better on the controller than the analog stick on the dual shock. I liked the control on xbox last year.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm doing the exact same thing cause I'm switching to the XBOX this year. I can easily say that I miss the control of the Dual Shock, but the XBOX eye candy makes me forget. As for the PS2 converter...Good luck. The converter I tried was a disaster. It's response was delayed and you can't reconfigure the buttons to your liking.

But if you can find a good one, let me know. I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

I, due to finding it at Blockbuster for 10 bucks only in Feb of 2002, bought NFL2K3 for NGC--the controller's not that bad for sports. That is, if you were also wondering about NGC control for sports (though 2K5 is a PS2/Xbox only affair).

Anywho, I LOVE using the Controller S for ESPN, but I prefer the Dual Shock for Madden. I'm just used to playing Madden like that, I guess. ESPN using the black and white stiff-arm buttons don't bother me one bit, but I *always* forgot what button is pump fake..until I finally stopped trying to remind myself. Ah, you win some, you lose some.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

SLAYER said:
I, due to finding it at Blockbuster for 10 bucks only in Feb of 2002, bought NFL2K3 for NGC--the controller's not that bad for sports. That is, if you were also wondering about NGC control for sports (though 2K5 is a PS2/Xbox only affair).

Anywho, I LOVE using the Controller S for ESPN, but I prefer the Dual Shock for Madden. I'm just used to playing Madden like that, I guess. ESPN using the black and white stiff-arm buttons don't bother me one bit, but I *always* forgot what button is pump fake..until I finally stopped trying to remind myself. Ah, you win some, you lose some.

I struggle with the little black and white button. Mostly pre snap. When you adjust your defense I actually have to take my left hand and move the right anaolog. I hate that. and I dont like how Y is the a main button and B is to cancel. Kinda weird when you are used to the ps2 version As far as pump faking, you could always just double tap the button of the receiver you are throwing to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

2kMatrtixevolved said:
and I dont like how Y is the a main button and B is to cancel.

Fortunately, it's changed this year so that B is a play option, and Y is to cancel.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I feel a lot more in control with the Xbox Controller. The PS2 controller feels flimsy, and the Xbox controller is like a rock. It's indestructable, I swear, and I'm just more comfortable with it.

BTW, I don't use the Controller S, I don't like it either. If you have large hands, you'll love the larger controller.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm sorry but the controller that trumps both the Xbox and PS2 controller is the Pelican Eclispe for the Xbox and its only $15 new at Wally World (Walmart).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »