Home

Online League Petition--Please allow computer users!

This is a discussion on Online League Petition--Please allow computer users! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Online League Petition--Please allow computer users!

Hello--

I recently found out that for online leagues that (at least initially) there won't be any computer players allowed in the league setup. So for instance, if you have 4 guys that want to play together, you'd have to round robin between the 4 (instead playing with 32, and playing the computer for most of season except for occasional head to head matchups and playoffs). Now for those of you who have played multiplayer franchises in your dorm rooms, with brothers, etc., you know exactly how much fun this is. In addition, there's only one team allowed per xbox. So if you and your brother want to play in a league together, you can't.

So basically, I'd like to make a petition for all of those potential league members out there--sign this topic to send a message to the developers that this is an important option. Since the leagues are server and web based, it would be possible to fix this after the fact (since I know you're saying 'it's too late'). It's not--microsoft made several updates to their XSN sports game last year during the seasons, and there's no reason sega can't do that too.

And for those of you who are going to be in all human leagues, you're probably saying 'this isn't going to effect me, no big deal'. Well, what if one guy drops out? Normally, you'd say I'll just play the computer in his place until we get another person. Well, without this option YOU CAN'T. You can simulate the game, but that's not a very good solution, since you might lose when it's his fault that you can't play.

So please sign this topic for these options:

1) Computer users in league play
2) Multiple users per xbox

Thanks for all of your support.

Taylor34
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Online League Petition--Please allow computer users!

sorry bro, but this just ain't happenin. i understand what you want but it really goes against the point of having online playability.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:

wwharton said:
sorry bro, but this just ain't happenin. i understand what you want but it really goes against the point of having online playability.

Actually, it doesn't in my opinion since NHL 2002 and Madden 2002 featured the online option just like I describe above. So previously, this was a feature of online leagues, the first real ones ever made. So naturally, I assumed ESPN would have it too like this--now I'm trying to help out everyone.

Taylor34
Old 07-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you must be speaking of the PC which is a completely different world from console gaming. what you say does make some sense but i wouldn't expect it any time soon.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

there's a reason for the 4, 8, 16, 32 team option. besides you can just make your league public and fill it up easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

cronox10 said:
there's a reason for the 4, 8, 16, 32 team option. besides you can just make your league public and fill it up easily.

Ok, hear out this scenario. Week 16 or 17, a bunch of people drop out of the league since they're no longer in contention (I've heard this happens quite often). There's two you fighting for a playoff spot, but unfortunately, there's nobody to play against. So here are your options:

1). Sim your games. So if you're 9-5 with the chargers, and he's 9-5 with the broncos, you're screwed--he's probably got a 50% better shot of making the playoffs, since the computer considers SD to be sucky and the broncos to be awesome.

2) Recruit 4 people to play the week 16 and 17 games (since you can only control one team, you can't have somebody else from the league 'sub' as your opponent). So you'd have to find 4 different people for the last 4 games, just to finish your season.

Sounds great, eh? Somebody's gone on vacation for 2 weeks, what are you going to do? That's right, sim it. There are no other options. You'd have to have like 1 or 2 permanent 'sub' players who just fill in for people that are gone that week, since you aren't allowed control of multiple teams.

Taylor34
Old 07-11-2004, 08:33 PM   #7
MVP

Bump to make people aware of this.

Taylor34
Old 07-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Taylor, I for one totally agree with your point. It's shortsighted on Sega's part.

Another thing that I wish sega would finally get right (maybe they have this year??) -- allow the option of watching any AI vs. AI games in franchise mode, especially in the playoffs. I know it's not for everybody, but it adds to the immersion factor and allows you to study how a team plays. Just simming the games all the time just seems cheap, and I would think this would be a super easy thing for Sega to do.

oh well, this game is gonna rock regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »