Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Screenshots (7-10-04)

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Screenshots (7-10-04) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 12:10 AM   #65
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Screenshots (7-10-04)

So from looking at the giants pic i would assume Eli is an 80 or lower and that Rivers would be a 78 or lower.

Personaly i would have ranked Eli even with Warner or warner lower but i dont feel Eli should be lower then an 80, being the over #1, that being said i would have also ranked rivers right next to him being a 1 or 2 point difference...

What do you all think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #66
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Acid said:
Nice work Steve.

So glad to see LT is the second highest HB.

Under Priest Holmes by a point.

Isn't LT the highest rated HB?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #67
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

TallTell said:
Quote:

Acid said:
Nice work Steve.

So glad to see LT is the second highest HB.

Under Priest Holmes by a point.

Isn't LT the highest rated HB?

Nope, Priest Holmes was a 98, LT is a 97.

edit:

My bad, you were right, Priest is a 95. I must've been looking at Will Shields and thought it was Priest.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:41 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know what I like? The THX style speaker test system shown in one of the screens. I've been looking for something like this in a game because my speakers are a bit off set (one's closer but on an angle, one is farther away but on a straight angle). The sound in this game is gonna rock. Nice to see a PRO LOGIC selection too for once, for us cheapasses.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:52 AM   #69
Rookie

yeah calm down about the ratings. Look at t.o. he is rated 100 but with 86 speed he should be faster but not an over all 100 but he may be a good blocker in the game and great composure etc which puts him up there. i love t.o. and moss is good but the colts got the best reciever in the game hands down. and for people who are not from syracuse freeny may very well be faster than james. freeny has ran like a 4.2 40 on campus. he also sacked vick 5 times in college. he chased him down. so that says a lot
Old 07-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

TallTell said:
First thing I'll do is lower the ratings for holt, moss, and owens, but harrison deserves the 100, though I'm not sure if I'll have to. I'll check to see how they add up to a 100 rating.

Anyone else notice that Lavar Arrington is in the game.

I noticed, and it's about time. Why I want him in the game as a Cowboys' fan, I honestly don't know...

Anyhow, props to Steve_OS for posting the screens for us.

I think you want him in the game so the announcers can say his name when he sacks Quincy Carter when you're playing as him. Just kidding, of course. He signed on with the NFLPA this offseason, so Lavar jerseys will be around the country now, and he'll be in all games.

As for ratings...I think the Skins got gipped. Springs is a little low, and I can't believe that Barrow is an 85 (he should be lower...I'm not whining about that) but Marcus Washington isn't higher than an 83, or Jon Jansen isn't higher than an 83, or Sean Taylor. Actually...does anyone else buy my theory that the beta version doesn't have rookies b/c SEGA can't use their likeness because a lot of them haven't signed contracts? I would imagine that Kellen Winslow would definitely be rated among the Browns best players (both because he is good and their talent is a little low) but he isn't there, nor is Sean Taylor for the Skins. Anyway, I find it troubling that Tiki Barber is an 85 when Brian Westbrook is an 88 when the former has accomplished much more in the league. And I don't know how the Giant CBs kept the same 80/81 ratings as last year when they stepped up their game last season...but whatever. It'll be a fun division this season videogame-wise. Art imitates life, naturally.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

Autoproxy said:
Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

TallTell said:
First thing I'll do is lower the ratings for holt, moss, and owens, but harrison deserves the 100, though I'm not sure if I'll have to. I'll check to see how they add up to a 100 rating.

Anyone else notice that Lavar Arrington is in the game.

I noticed, and it's about time. Why I want him in the game as a Cowboys' fan, I honestly don't know...

Anyhow, props to Steve_OS for posting the screens for us.

I think you want him in the game so the announcers can say his name when he sacks Quincy Carter when you're playing as him. Just kidding, of course. He signed on with the NFLPA this offseason, so Lavar jerseys will be around the country now, and he'll be in all games.

As for ratings...I think the Skins got gipped. Springs is a little low, and I can't believe that Barrow is an 85 (he should be lower...I'm not whining about that) but Marcus Washington isn't higher than an 83, or Jon Jansen isn't higher than an 83, or Sean Taylor. Actually...does anyone else buy my theory that the beta version doesn't have rookies b/c SEGA can't use their likeness because a lot of them haven't signed contracts? I would imagine that Kellen Winslow would definitely be rated among the Browns best players (both because he is good and their talent is a little low) but he isn't there, nor is Sean Taylor for the Skins. Anyway, I find it troubling that Tiki Barber is an 85 when Brian Westbrook is an 88 when the former has accomplished much more in the league. And I don't know how the Giant CBs kept the same 80/81 ratings as last year when they stepped up their game last season...but whatever. It'll be a fun division this season videogame-wise. Art imitates life, naturally.

Shawn Springs might be rated too high. He was the most overpaid player in the offseason. I'd put him at an 80. Unless he magically grows new hamstrings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:

Actually...does anyone else buy my theory that the beta version doesn't have rookies b/c SEGA can't use their likeness because a lot of them haven't signed contracts? I would imagine that Kellen Winslow would definitely be rated among the Browns best players (both because he is good and their talent is a little low) but he isn't there, nor is Sean Taylor for the Skins.

I'm pretty sure I saw Roy Williams, rookie WR for the Lions, on the roster so that's prolly not why. BTW, i was sorta surprised that Roy Williams would be rated 3 or more points better than Charles Rogers. I expected their ratings to be similar if not Rogers being higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »