Home

what should a "convert" expect from this game?

This is a discussion on what should a "convert" expect from this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: what should a \"convert\" expect from this game?

Quote:

augustus said:
oh, by no means do I hate this game at all. I loved it on dreamcast, but haven't been able to play it since it left that console. Esp. as a PC gamer, I have been kept in the closet on much of the great games and competition the past few years. I will definitely play with an open mind too. I am just tickled pink because I have become so fed up with EA's lackluster efforts at trying to make madden more realistic b/c they don't wanna rock the boat of arcadish play. from what I've heard on previews this game is like night and day compared to madden and I'm happy about that.

Do players still talk smack like back in da day?
Can I actually miss a reciever completely with an overthrow?
Did I just pay 20 bones for the preorder?!!!!! lol, I mean wow, that just beautiful!
what kind of things can you do in the offseason of franchise?
TELL ME MORE!!!! I yern for info! thank you

ITS NICE TO BE BACK HOME FELLAS!!!

yes they still talk smack and you can hear it even better and they even say the names of the opposing QB or whatever sometimes.
yes you can completly overthrow a reciver.. im and sad to say i do it often.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

To answer your question from a more serious point of view lets start with the following,the first thing will probably be the ESPN presention very well done in my opionion and you feel the power of the game with that alone and its only the presentation now I have seen clips from various other sites incuding this one and they're very inspiring.

Of course theres the world renouned TV style presentation which was very well presented from the very first time the game started its series on the Dreamcast so they've stayed true to this which now is its very own trademark that being the ESPN presentation. This is to be muched improved this year along with most of the graphics a look at a new feature called "Gamecast" which allows you to see every play and replay it there in the Gamecast sorta like a play by play account of your game.

Theres to be a smarter AI for Franchise Mode dealing with roster managment,weather,a featuered style dealing with juke controls using the right stick and the list goes on sooooo
To really get a full spectrum of what this game entals I would recommend getting it direct from the source because they're just so much stuff...so do this for the facts by that I mean a click or so direct to the site...ESPN videogames.com I believe it is.

At that site you're at the source for all the updates and interviews and then some,so I'd recommend checking them out and coming back here to maybe share some comments or views you might want to share or discuss in the OS community. Of course there's plenty of info here too and these guys are pretty go at answering and helping out when they can so enjoy bro.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-12-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

myownsun said:
The Franchise mode is where this game is really lacking so dont expect the depth you get from madden 04 and especially madden 05

Unlike the years of in the past, ESPN Franschise is pretty in dept and Madden continues to repat itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 12:18 AM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

thelovebelow said:
Quote:

myownsun said:
The Franchise mode is where this game is really lacking so dont expect the depth you get from madden 04 and especially madden 05

Unlike the years of in the past, ESPN Franschise is pretty in dept and Madden continues to repat itself.

More like the other way around, dude...
Old 07-12-2004, 12:24 AM   #13
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

thelovebelow said:
Quote:

myownsun said:

More like the other way around, dude...

Franchize lacking???? Weekly prep? Mel Kiper? Signing bonuses? Restruturing contracts? What else are you looking for?
Old 07-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Augustus you are in for a real treat.I have been playing 2k since the DC days and let me tell you this game has changed alot.No more super dives,no more floating passes and no more super stiff arms that knocked people all over the field.New playbook,better D,passing,running etc.Yeah just keep an open mind.This game is nothing like madden.Be patient in the pocket.Learn all the new moves.You should be fine.This game looks crazy on xbox.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:32 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

dont expect Madden (and not in a anti-ESPN way). Dont expect ESPN to player like Madden and dont expect you to do some of the dumb [censored] you can do in Madden in ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 12:35 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
dont expect Madden (and not in a anti-ESPN way). Dont expect ESPN to player like Madden and dont expect you to do some of the dumb [censored] you can do in Madden in ESPN.

ESPN is much harder, and has a learning curve.
Expect real playbooks.
You will have to get used to calling the plays like real coaches unlike Madden
-you have to call the D-line first
-LBS
-Secondary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »