Home

what should a "convert" expect from this game?

This is a discussion on what should a "convert" expect from this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 01:26 AM   #17
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: what should a \"convert\" expect from this game?

What to expect:

Expect a different playbook from each team.
Expect this game to be different from Madden. SOme say better, some say worse. All I'll say is that it's good and different from Madden so do NOT try to compare. Both are good.
Expect to hear unfamiliar announcers. Get over it and you'll enjoy it.
Expect to play a game that is by no means perfect (nothing is), but gives you a reason to pay attention to the x's and o's of real football.
Expect to be successful when you play real, smart football.
Expect to be punished when doing something dumb.
Expect to find something you don't like. Let's face, as I said, no game is perfect. The day you go into a game not expecting to do/see something that you don't like is the day the perfect game is made. That hasn't happened yet and I'm willing to bet it won't happen on the 20th. It's not that I don't have high expectations for the game - it's just that I have REALISTIC expecations for it. And GT4... And Half Life 2... And Halo 2... And Madden... And Doom 3...

Mostly:

Expect to have fun! Sit down and play this game as if this was the first football game you've ever played. Try all of the features. There's a lot to like based on the list of improvements and new features. Some of it may not be for you, but there is something you can grab onto that will make this game a keeper for you.

Have fun man.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:14 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Blzer said:
Don't expect:

- To find a cheesy play in your playbook that will work 95% of the time.

I don't know man WR out patterns were pretty automatic last year, I hope they've fixed this.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:43 AM   #19
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Have fun

Lose your 1st game if you don't play on rookie

Close games without bull crap catch up AI

Realism

A game that you will probly like better in every way

Great graphics and presentation
Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #20
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

barbourshop said:
Quote:

Blzer said:
Don't expect:

- To find a cheesy play in your playbook that will work 95% of the time.

I don't know man WR out patterns were pretty automatic last year, I hope they've fixed this.

Your right about that and also quick slants over the middle.I'm sure thats been taken care of.Man i can't wait for this game
Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 21

I am also converting to ESPN, but my biggest thing i liked about having madden was because of NCAA and being able to draft the players i had in NCAA into madden.

Can you all break down the pros and cons of the draft in ESPN?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am ALSO a convert this year. What convinced me was first IGNs 10 best things which I read a month ago. That got my interest. But seeing the videos. Ohhh the videos were the deciding factor. The game looks so REAL compared to Madden. The animations are fluid and realistic. I love seeing the gang tackling as well, something I never saw in Madden, yet something that is in the real game today. The new extra features, and the nice price tag are just icing on the cake.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

one thing i never liked about espn nfl series is the way the players move. there isnt much body momentum shifting and you cant feel the weight of the players like you can in madden. the ball feels light like a ping pong when it bounces off players helmets or hands and bounces on the ground.

the animations are beautiful but the overall feel of the movements are pretty jerky.

am i alone on this?

im not bashing the game, i really love the realistic outcomes of the game... just addressing this.. what do u guys all think?
Old 07-12-2004, 01:54 PM   #24
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

jkf12321 said:
Definitely play ESPN with an open mind. Try to enjoy the experience, don't look for reasons to hate it because it's not anything like Madden.

I remember playing the demo last year and hating it. I had always gotten Madden, and I was somewhat biased before I even played the demo. A week later, I decided to play it again with an open mind and I loved it. I played it non-stop and got a true appreciation for the game. Like people have said before, don't compare this game to madden. Keep an open mind before you try it out and you'll be better off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »