Home

what should a "convert" expect from this game?

This is a discussion on what should a "convert" expect from this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #25
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: what should a \"convert\" expect from this game?

Quote:

one thing i never liked about espn nfl series is the way the players move. there isnt much body momentum shifting and you cant feel the weight of the players like you can in madden. the ball feels light like a ping pong when it bounces off players helmets or hands and bounces on the ground.

the animations are beautiful but the overall feel of the movements are pretty jerky.

am i alone on this?

Nope, you are not alone. I feel the same way about Sega's other games, too, particularly the hockey game. Hopefully this has been addressed this year. The previews of NFL2K5 sure look sweet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 05:45 PM   #26
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

rock85 said:
Quote:

barbourshop said:
Quote:

Blzer said:
Don't expect:

- To find a cheesy play in your playbook that will work 95% of the time.

I don't know man WR out patterns were pretty automatic last year, I hope they've fixed this.

Your right about that and also quick slants over the middle.I'm sure thats been taken care of.Man i can't wait for this game

um out patterns are meant to work against man and most people are too stubborn to stop calling all man defenses. they are FAR from automatica against many zones... unless you're playing 2k1.

the slant defense does need some work though.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

bruins09 said:
one thing i never liked about espn nfl series is the way the players move. there isnt much body momentum shifting and you cant feel the weight of the players like you can in madden. the ball feels light like a ping pong when it bounces off players helmets or hands and bounces on the ground.

the animations are beautiful but the overall feel of the movements are pretty jerky.

am i alone on this?

im not bashing the game, i really love the realistic outcomes of the game... just addressing this.. what do u guys all think?

Glad you bought this up because for a long time I've always felt that the ESPN player handling was always more quicker and to me a bit more responsive and I enjoyed that difference from madden but it took me awhile to get use to it being that much more ready to "D" me up,most of the time they moved sorta robotic at first to me but something happened with the 2K4 these players really get after you on defense if you've got your roster and levels set,anyway I can handle the games speed now better and my reaction to plays is better but they still seemed kinda stiff and robotc at times. I think those thing should be answered with 2K5,are you alone in this? No not at all,but that doesn't mean I don't like Madden and like you said no bashing or pimping going on here just keepin' it real.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

I also agree, the "weighty" feel of the players in Madden is one of the things that I wish ESPN had more of. Another is the tapping of the A button instead of just holding, because when you're holding it, it gives the user the feel of momentum actually coming into play.

I converted last year though. So I've gotten used to it.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:48 PM   #29
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:

Perfection said:
I also agree, the "weighty" feel of the players in Madden is one of the things that I wish ESPN had more of. Another is the tapping of the A button instead of just holding, because when you're holding it, it gives the user the feel of momentum actually coming into play.

I converted last year though. So I've gotten used to it.

To be honest with you me I'm not a button masher guy as a matter of fact you can say I'm kinda like semi retired from button mashing I'm an older player now and the 2k series controls are so responsive you can't help but love those button combo that require a quick action like there contols give you...let me put it like this,if it were a car didn't know how to drive yet how would it feel the first time behind the wheel? Very new right well thats how I feel about thoses controls in the 2k series not only there football but most there sport titles I've played.

So as not to rant too much I really do like the more responsive contol and reaction timing and control that they've(VC/Sega) incorparate in there games,gameplay is the number one thing for me and that button thing having to press it is no problem for me when I use it, unlike freestyle in live(I'm not bashing here)you do have more control and can handle it unlike that car you started out with when you didn't know how to drive,one note here though the learning curve is high in my opinion and I believe thats due to the funcuality of the controls and its at first high demand that you execute your move as the programers design once you've done that its like driving that car again only this time you've been drivin' it for awhile now.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-13-2004, 12:29 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

ITS NICE TO BE BACK HOME FELLAS!!!

i almost fell out my chair

last time i checked, there arent any laws preventing you from playing games every year...(at least not finalized anyway)

I have played football on PC for the past four years; therefore, I couldn't experience gaming on a console (ie. no NCAA, no ESPN, and no Madden with draft classes). PC gamers are really kept out of the look when it comes to football gaming. I just said that to emphasize how nice it was to see and talk to some ESPN peeps after all these years.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:57 AM   #31
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Welcome to the greatest site on the net for the real deal info,I did play Madden on the PC for awhile but like you said it wasn't as rewarding as being here,guess that might be due to the fact that home game consoles seem to have a more friendly user thing goin' on that appeales to a more universal(the world) audiance mainly XBOX and Playstation users and now with capabilites to access on line play its pretty much unstoppable they have arrived and are connected worldwide so once again welcome to the next generation in sports gamming.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »