Home

NFL2k5: Create A Player Question

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: Create A Player Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k5: Create A Player Question

Hey NFL2kers!!

I noticed on the screenshots that when you Create A Player, you can assign points to certain abilities the player will possess. Problem is, I also noticed that there does not appear to be a POOL of limited points to distribute among the player as you see fit. I am assuming since we are 8 days away from launch that it is now too late to fix this. Looks like gamers will again be able to create the SUPER PLAYER by just giving him 99's across the board.

I actually have done this and then drafted the player to my team so I could see what it is like to play and win a game on LEGEND difficulty level. It seems to be the only way to counter-act the 'dumbing down' of your team when you play on this level. It is ridiculous that the difficulty of LEGEND causes YOUR 90-rated RB to go down with the first hit, but you have to hit the CPU's 81-rated RB at least 4 times to bring him down. Dumb, huh? This is where the 99-rated defender you just created comes in handy to counter this.

If the CPU AND your players were elevated when you get to LEGEND difficulty level, then I would like to see the points pool enter into the game. Like you have 100 extra points to distribute amongst the player you are creating, who already has X amount of points to start with. Each point you assign to beef up his skill level on, say, SPEED, it depletes from your pool of points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL2k5: Create A Player Question

In 2K4, you had a pool of points to use. I don't see why it would be different in 2K5. I don't recall being able to make a straight 99 player. Even the unlockable freak players weren't 99 across the board.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Last year you COULD make straight 99 players. What is the problem here? If you don't want super players, don't give them all 99's.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:47 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Good reply nothing fancy just the way it is...so to the author of this subject...just what is your question,I didn't see one here to give an answer to...subject and question was Create a Player Question.

I liked your breakdown of what you posted but it seems misleading,is there a real question somewhere is your statement or are we actually just discussing the feature? Thats my question to you about the subject you started,"Create A Player Question".

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-12-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

All fair points. I guess I got ahead of myself and forgot to actually post the question! Here goes:

Will NFL2k5 have a point-assignment system for the Create-A-Player feature, or will you still be able to create Super Players?

My other point that I started to ramble on was that if Create-A-Player had a limited amount of points you had to share amongst a player's attributes, then this is a more challenging way of creating your player. You would have to analyze your player's position in the game, and then strategize which attribute could be sacrificed in favor of others.

Make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
All fair points. I guess I got ahead of myself and forgot to actually post the question! Here goes:

Will NFL2k5 have a point-assignment system for the Create-A-Player feature, or will you still be able to create Super Players?

My other point that I started to ramble on was that if Create-A-Player had a limited amount of points you had to share amongst a player's attributes, then this is a more challenging way of creating your player. You would have to analyze your player's position in the game, and then strategize which attribute could be sacrificed in favor of others.

Make sense?

I here ya bro,and either we're distant couins or of one mind or something but anyway the system you're bringing up here sounds like the one used in Inside Drive,now I'm not sure if it was 2003 or 2004 maybe both but there was a game I remembered playing where as you only got an alloted amount of points to build up your player and...yes I think it was Drives point allocated earn system...what do you think I could be off but such a point system does exsit I sure of it.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why would anybody want a limit? That makes no sense. Why do you want the game to limit what you can or can't do? If you don't want super players then don't create super players. In every sports game that I have played in the last seven or eight years I always create a super player to see how dominant he is. I don't use him every in a career but its fun to mess around and see what you can do. I always name the guy "Flash Phenom" and make him look the same in every game. I funniest was NBA Live or March Madness this past year. Take the inbounds pass. Take off running and leave the guy who is supposed to be covering you in the dust. Crossover a guy at the top of the key. Spin move the guy at the foul line. Plant about 8 feet from the basket and jump and power dunk over two guys at the basket. It was hilarious for a while to watch but it gets old.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

The thing I've never liked about the create-a-player feature is the lack of faces to choose from and also not being able to resize particular body parts ie: thighs, stomach bulge, butt sticking out (lol) etc...like you can in Madden.

Having an unlimited amount of ability points to add is a good thing though. That way you can make the exact type of player you want...just have to be reserved is all. Freedom is good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »