Home

Been wondering about coach mode.

This is a discussion on Been wondering about coach mode. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Been wondering about coach mode.

It hasn't been very good. I hope they fix it this year. You couldn't send guys in motion nor could you even save it to your profile if you played in the demo mode which is by far the best looking and resembles a real game. I tried everything but I always had to disable my user profile because to put it in demo mode you had to go to choose controller and put it in the middle at first. Thus when you switched back it disabled it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Been wondering about coach mode.

Does anyone ever reply to this type of thread? Gee thanks people. Madden players at least try yo be helpful!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:00 AM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Lugosi2002 said:
Does anyone ever reply to this type of thread? Gee thanks people. Madden players at least try yo be helpful!

Of course they do,how may I help you today seriousely,I play coach mode from time to time so whatz-up bro?

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-18-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Thank you. Last year you could not put men in motion. That was ridiculous. Also i could never get it to go into demo mode (where it looks like a real TV Broadcast) without stopping the game and moving the controller to the middle before each game. That however disabled the crib features and user profile. I hope they fixed this. Again i appreciate it. I love to sometimes have a chess match against the CPU. Somehow it seems so much more real if you can call the plays and let the players respond like they would normally. Hopefully they added more animations.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

The reason you couldn't put players in motion was due to the fact that you are the coach and just call the plays. If the play was designed to have a player go in motion it will. You are not the QB on the field who can call audibles either. Most on the field adjustments are done by the QBs on offense and defensive captains which are usually LBs and not the coaches on the sidelines.

The only thing I wish they had was a more realistic coaches camera. Either a more realistic sideline camera or one from the press box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #6
Rookie

They do have the press box look. But when you access it the user profile is diabled. The only way is to stop the game set up the camera for side view then move the controller to the middle and click it back to the game. But before you do this it will say you are going to diable the user file. So you proceed to do so. Then you have to stop it again and put the controller back to your side but as I said the user file (or VIP this season) is off. That was what I hated.

I see the point about the QB and I had thought about that. But it seems then the CPU should do so when deemed neccessary. Other than those 2 points I can live with the rest since it plays great and looks even better once in the TV broadcast look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »