Home

The ratings better be changed...

This is a discussion on The ratings better be changed... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The ratings better be changed...

Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
If you dont like the ratings, cant you just change them before you start a franchise or whatever to make yourself feel better, I dunno, no one answered my question, where did you find these ratings at!

There are screenshots on the NFL 2k5 page here taken from the beta showing the top rated guys for each team.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
If you dont like the ratings, cant you just change them before you start a franchise or whatever to make yourself feel better, I dunno, no one answered my question, where did you find these ratings at!

The screen shots. Bennett should be like a 85 at best.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

vinny said:
Quote:

TheDesertFox said:
According to the pics, Green is a 92, and Bennett is a 93. Deuce is a 92 and Portis is a 91.

WTF?! This the biggest BS ever- all 3 of those guys proved last year they were better than Bennett, but Bennett barely plays, has like 15 Career TD's, and gets rated higher?

um, bennet when healthy is better than green deuce and maybe portis. I'd put portis with a 93 as well. watch bennet with a big year.

If we're talking about Deuce McAllister, there's no way that Green is better than he is. Saying he's just as good may be one thing, but certainly not better.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Sega ratings are not like Madden anyways. A player can be rated a 99 and have flaws. Don't get worked up on the number they are rated.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is no doubt Green is better than McCallister. Just look at their stats. Green: 1883 yrds, 5.3 avg. , 15 Tds. McCallister: 1641 yrds, 4.7 avg., 8 Tds. Both great but Green is a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

ReDALeRT2317 said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Ratings are very subjective. I agree 100% that it's how you use them.

Just looking at the Lions, it's pretty laughable that Roy Williams is their highest rates WR on a team with Charles Rogers, Tai Streets, and Az Hakim. It's nice that Roy is getting love, but come on! Rogers and Streets should both be higher than Roy in his Rookie year.

I agree, but didn't Rodgers get injured last season?

Yep...but Michael Bennett is injured every year and he got a 93.

Yeah, Rogers broke his collar bone, but his numbers in the first 5 were quite nice for a Rookie.

Bennet WAS NOT injured his second year. I couln't find injuries on his first year all I could tell was he played in 13 of 16 games. Even that total of missed games assuming he was injured is 11 games. No player can escape injury, its going to happen. If he misses 11 games in his career or 30 for that matter but is still awesome who cares? The year he was healthy was his second year and he got close to 1,300 yards. Obviously he is going to get better not worse in his 4th year and I still think the ratings they gave him are fair. If you don't like it you can change it before you start the franchise.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

I have to admit, when I saw Bennetts rating I almost felt embarrassed. Oh well though, I will be sure to tone with him in my Vikes franchise.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

theBman said:
There is no doubt Green is better than McCallister. Just look at their stats. Green: 1883 yrds, 5.3 avg. , 15 Tds. McCallister: 1641 yrds, 4.7 avg., 8 Tds. Both great but Green is a little better.

The Packers have one of the elite oline's in football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »