Home

User Friendly, Your Decision...

This is a discussion on User Friendly, Your Decision... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
User Friendly, Your Decision...

I like the fact, that ESPN is a end users game, a game if you have the werewithall, you can succeed. Most games are contextual, scripted and predetermined outcomes based on percentages. Whereas you have a choice, and "the choice is yours, you can git with dis, or you can git wit dat" a little Black Sheep for the hip hop headz. QB evade, stand tall like Tom Brady or Jettison out of the pocket and make your own like Mike Vick your decision, Right stick jukes, the flash of Gayle Sayers and Barry Sanders or the power and finese of Jim Brown. Maximum Tackle, Wrap tackle like Dion Sanders and hold own for dear life, just like Dion your decision, or deliver a Woo hit, like Ronnie Lott to produce snott your decision, Maximum passing, lead that receiver to the corner were only he can make a play on the ball, or short change him with an underthrow your decision, Dive over the pile like Walter Payton or plod through line like Mike Alstott your decision, first person football, an eye opening experience your decision. The afforementioned just touches the surfaces, that is available to the gamer. A game that is end user friendly and the only thing that is contextual is the animation thereafter, but only if you input the type of anim you want.

Yes, this a game that requires some joystick jockeying, tap to speed burst or press and hold to charge up, most think its archaic, and it is circa NES Track and Field, but do you remember the joy of winning a that 100meter sprint and the sense of accomplishment, why because you did it, not a speed attribute, you the end user abusing that controller to no end, but when you got to the end...zone you stood up in elation, and gratification.

You are your faith, judged by the decisions you make, No visiual aids, no playmaker pops up on your screen, you are the play maker, no match up stick pops up on your screen, be your own Bobby Fisher, make a quick and timely decision. Let that grey matter swirl around in your ceribellum, let that kinetic energy stimulate your madula oblongota, and be a coach and make a decisive decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: User Friendly, Your Decision...

That is one thoughtful and inspiring post there backbreaker and a much needed heartbeat to get the old blood flowin',you've expressed the main focus and point in wanting to play football video games and that is to have it your way as close as possible by making those decisions you expressed so well. Great post you seem all ready and inspired to get your groove on big guy,once again that was a breath of freash air on the matter,keep em' comin' bro. Oh I like the Black Sheep reference I'm down wit dat...play on player.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Always nice to hear a good post from an old school playa.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:

burnwood said:
Always nice to hear a good post from an old school playa.

Just keepin' it real here bro,that post had a positive ring of truth to it and I wanted to give him his due props,something positive ya know.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-13-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Cool post....my only question about is, did Dion Sanders ever make a tackle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Now that is funny ,of course he did or at least thats what I thought I saw him doing and all though he wasn't the greastest at it he was effective.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-13-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
Banned

Thanks Rick and Burn, I just like the fact that VC, gives you the age old addage of "every action, has a reaction" and in those decisions are consequences, And thats a beautiful thing. Input, equals Outcome.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:53 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:

Gennataos said:
Cool post....my only question about is, did Dion Sanders ever make a tackle?

Thats why I stated hold on for dear life, and the wrap tackle is a give and take, and offensive and defensive move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »