Home

CPU Running 2k5 not good enough?

This is a discussion on CPU Running 2k5 not good enough? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Running 2k5 not good enough?

steve said he had it on pro when someone asked about the high stats in one of his cowboy screens.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

TallTell said:
I may be wrong here, but the way I read it was he was going to mess with sliders to make the cpu run better. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly. We don't want it too easy to stop the run. If Steve had it on Pro then I'm not too worried.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I just want the game to be like it is supposed to be, that means against some people running should be very HARD. You take your 2, 1, 3, maybe 5 yds here and there, mix up your gameplan. This is not high school and college football, and all defenses, forgive me kanobi, are not the 2002,2003 Chiefs run defense, like they were in 2k4. I love what I hear thus far although stuffing the A.I running in 2k4 really wasn't a problem either. It was rather easy until the A.I just decides NO. While alot of people could care less about online, if you think the A.I could do some damage, you would have never wanted to play online even vs straight gamers, you would just have to realize that you are going to give up yards and guard yourself as best you can from the big one because it was a possibility on almost every run play. This is a nice tune to my ears, especially where online is concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 11:26 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

i thought he said that human running was harder now and on allpro he needs to change the sliders a bit to help his self out. could be wrong. can some body post his quote please
Old 07-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

LBzrule said:
I just want the game to be like it is supposed to be, that means against some people running should be very HARD. You take your 2, 1, 3, maybe 5 yds here and there, mix up your gameplan. This is not high school and college football, and all defenses, forgive me kanobi, are not the 2002,2003 Chiefs run defense, like they were in 2k4. I love what I hear thus far although stuffing the A.I running in 2k4 really wasn't a problem either. It was rather easy until the A.I just decides NO. While alot of people could care less about online, if you think the A.I could do some damage, you would have never wanted to play online even vs straight gamers, you would just have to realize that you are going to give up yards and guard yourself as best you can from the big one because it was a possibility on almost every run play. This is a nice tune to my ears, especially where online is concerned.

This sort of goes along with the "Controlling LBs" thread, but I never controlled the MLB until 2K4, partially because I was a Maddenite and controlled the S since more emphasis was put on play selection than human execution, imo; secondly, because the MLB always seemed to make a B-line to the backfield rather than contain Tosses and Sweeps, thus being rendered useless. Now I picked up a new skill, and play MLB better than I ever played S, but I'd like that option to switch between S & MLB to keep my opponent guessing.

So my question is do you control MLB for obvious reasons (username, Ray-Ray) or do you think it's the best position to play in the 2K series?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

sixone said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:

This sort of goes along with the "Controlling LBs" thread, but I never controlled the MLB until 2K4, partially because I was a Maddenite and controlled the S since more emphasis was put on play selection than human execution, imo; secondly, because the MLB always seemed to make a B-line to the backfield rather than contain Tosses and Sweeps, thus being rendered useless. Now I picked up a new skill, and play MLB better than I ever played S, but I'd like that option to switch between S & MLB to keep my opponent guessing.

So my question is do you control MLB for obvious reasons (username, Ray-Ray) or do you think it's the best position to play in the 2K series?

To answer your question, BOTH
Old 07-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #15
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

On Steve's comments about the weak AI rushing in 2K5 I just have to say I would rather have this any day over last years superback even though it might have given the AI better run stats. The super-back effected things you couldn't control like online play against other people - that is no good.

If the superback is fixed then people who play against the AI can correct this other 2K5 issue with sliders as Steve said seems to work. Also remember Steve is using a beta copy so this issue could indeed be corrected in the final release. Another thing to remember is VC has to balance the difficulty between all levels of gamers so the game difficulty might now suit everyone skill in every area, but that is why they put the slider in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #16
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

It all depends on the quality of sliders. I think the NFL team isn't as sloppy as the NHL one, so I'm sure juicing up the cpu. sliders should help. But last year when I look back, lots of things were broken:

cpu pursuit
momentum
tackling

If all of the above has been adressed, then there should be a way to get passed it with sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »