Home

CPU Running 2k5 not good enough?

This is a discussion on CPU Running 2k5 not good enough? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 07:57 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
CPU Running 2k5 not good enough?

Steve posted that he was going to mess with the sliders to make the computer running game harder to stop. That was one fear that all the superback talk was going to do. On All-Pro default many of us didn't have that much trouble stopping the run even with the broken tackles. Every once in a while someone would bust out on you but it was this feature (admittedly overdone) that gave the CPU a chance in the running game. If anything, some of us jumped the difficulty up.

Messing with sliders is like a disease. Once you start, you just keep tweaking constantly. After years of Madden where we simply accepted the game was flawed out of the box until we messed with the sliders, it was nice not to have to do that last year (for many of us). I don't want to return to slider madness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: CPU Running 2k5 not good enough?

i hear ya, but Ricky Williams is KILLING me!!! stop the guy. i fairly good against the others but not RW. did Steve say he was playing on pro or all-pro?...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I can only assume he started on All-Pro as he is familiar with the series but I don't really know. I usually play with the Dolphins or Giants and rarely faced Ricky on 2K4 when controlled by the CPU. Strangely, I found the Eagles to be one team that gave me trouble in my Giants franchise sometimes cause they ran it so much. I actually played more with the Giants as I felt it was too easy with the Dolphins defensively.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
Steve posted that he was going to mess with the sliders to make the computer running game harder to stop. That was one fear that all the superback talk was going to do. On All-Pro default many of us didn't have that much trouble stopping the run even with the broken tackles. Every once in a while someone would bust out on you but it was this feature (admittedly overdone) that gave the CPU a chance in the running game. If anything, some of us jumped the difficulty up.

Messing with sliders is like a disease. Once you start, you just keep tweaking constantly. After years of Madden where we simply accepted the game was flawed out of the box until we messed with the sliders, it was nice not to have to do that last year (for many of us). I don't want to return to slider madness.

Please. Those of us who only play against human comp and don't "tweak" sliders are REJOICING in the demise of the Super Back. That was a game killer for a lot of us. It's good to see them go back to the way it was in NFL2K3 where you had a more realistic running game.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not to knock NCAA but after play that game I will take any running game that ESPN gives me.I just don't feel any control in NCAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 09:20 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:

njskillz said:
Please. Those of us who only play against human comp and don't "tweak" sliders are REJOICING in the demise of the Super Back. That was a game killer for a lot of us. It's good to see them go back to the way it was in NFL2K3 where you had a more realistic running game.

Understandable for online players but I just hope the CPU offline will be able to run the ball well. I just don't want to spend hours tweaking sliders.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

It seems that stopping the run has always been relatively easy in all video football games. I'm sure the sliders will need to be adjusted.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

I may be wrong here, but the way I read it was he was going to mess with sliders to make the cpu run better. Correct me if I'm wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »