Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #57
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

Well...2 thoughts:

I'd much rather hear a repetitive cadence of the Brady QB, as opposed to the Chiefs QB... who sounded like the HP Umpire in ESPN Baseball or this guy:
Old 07-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm freaking PSYCHED. if you look at the next snap after Preist Holmes catch out of the backfield, when they're at the LOS, Trent Greens' uni is clearly clean and Holmes uni is clearly dirty.

That's a big step from the previous seasons where practically EVERYONE had the same stains!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #59
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

whatever person said that dan and peter is light years ahead is downright crazy, ive played every nfl from 2k1, and im STILL hearing lines i heard back then!! maybe u should go rent some of those game from the dreamcast and see for urself, not only that their voices r becoming so damn annoying right now, i cant stand that i pitched scratchy voice that the one has
Old 07-15-2004, 01:00 PM   #60
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

PSU said:
whatever person said that dan and peter is light years ahead is downright crazy

agreed. Dan and Peter are cool but not "light yrs" ahead of other commentary. ESPN Collgege Hoops' commentary with Jay Bilas and Mike Patrick sounds awesome!!! It gets repetitive like all commnetary does but sounds so dam realistic and professional that you really don't care. Especially Mike Patrick...man, he did an incredible job!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #61

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

PSU said:
whatever person said that dan and peter is light years ahead is downright crazy

agreed. Dan and Peter are cool but not "light yrs" ahead of other commentary. ESPN Collgege Hoops' commentary with Jay Bilas and Mike Patrick sounds awesome!!! It gets repetitive like all commnetary does but sounds so dam realistic and professional that you really don't care. Especially Mike Patrick...man, he did an incredible job!

OK..maybe not light years ahead but much better than most games. I never played ESPN college basketball but you have to admit light years ahead of M***** and alot of years ahead of the rehashed NC******.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #62
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

PSU said:
whatever person said that dan and peter is light years ahead is downright crazy, ive played every nfl from 2k1, and im STILL hearing lines i heard back then!! maybe u should go rent some of those game from the dreamcast and see for urself, not only that their voices r becoming so damn annoying right now, i cant stand that i pitched scratchy voice that the one has

Remember, they are adding lines. Why remove lines? Instead of hearing repetitiveness from years before, you would then start hearing repetitiveness from the same year, same game. Less lines = more repetitiveness.

I remember when I rented MLB SlugFest 2004, there was an option... you could choose either commentary from both 2003's and 2004's games, or you could just have it from 2004. If ESPN had this option, would you guys stop complaining?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:

PSU said:

Thanks PSU. This supports my point that there is still WAY too much commentary from the original NFL2k for a new NFL video game. Although I must disagree with you that Dan & Peter are annoying. I think their voices are fine, they just need to have an all-new recording session where they record brand new comments for the run-of-the-mill, repetitive stuff too. Like instead of saying, 'Caught for the first down.' they say something like 'Moss makes a spectacular catch, beating Bailey to the punch! They are going to have to spike it here Peter! The half is almost over and they need 3!' Peter responds with 'You are 100% correct Dan. Come on guys! Hurry it up or you won't get a CHANCE to try the three! Spike it! Spike it! Spike it!'
Old 07-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:

Kanobi said:Especially Mike Patrick...man, he did an incredible job!

Hey kanobi!

I hope he is better than he was in NFL Quarterback Club for the N64. He SUCKED in that one!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »