Home

Xbox question

This is a discussion on Xbox question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Xbox question

Just picked up an xbox and picking up 2k5 on Tuesday. Up to this point, I've been a PS2 owner so I dont have alot of knowledge about the xbox accessories that are out there. I have a standard 32" tube tv and I want to optimize the visuals for the system. Is there an S video cable for xbox like the PS2 has? I got just a standard A/V cable with my xbox. What is the preferred cabling for non-HDTV's? Regular A/V? thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox question

Welcome to the club double! First off, I do hope you bought a brand new one, manufactured after 2001. The first-run of Xbox systems are REAL buggy and make gaming frustrating. I have one and will need to get rid of it to purchase a new one. Secondly, my suggestion to you is to go with the S-Video cable. You will get a clearer picture as opposed to standard AV cables. S-Video is as high-quality as you can get before going to HiDef.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not sure which year my xbox is. I bought it off ebay as a return. So far it works ok but I only tried one game. So, I can get an S video cable that connects to the xbox? Hopefully I dont have any problems come tuesday with 2K5....that's why I got it.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

get svideo cables for your xbox, also maybe calibrate your tv properly - turn down the contrast/picture to 50-65% and no higher, keep sharpness no higher then 75%, turn up brightness til you see blacks very very sightly begin to turn lighter and go no further or buy a calibration disc
Old 07-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

you should definitely get high definition pack with video component cables if your tv has them... it is really important and you will notice a big difference in picture quality using video component instead of S-Video... dont even think about composite video wich is what comes with the console... you need at least S-Video to have a decent image quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

MercilessMagal said:
you should definitely get high definition pack with video component cables if your tv has them... it is really important and you will notice a big difference in picture quality using video component instead of S-Video... dont even think about composite video wich is what comes with the console... you need at least S-Video to have a decent image quality.

he said he has a regular analong tv Though some analong tv's do have component inputs but honestly on a regular tv the diffrence between svideo and component is hardly noticible. Component really only benefits when you hit progressive mode.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Moegames said:
Quote:

MercilessMagal said:

he said he has a regular analong tv Though some analong tv's do have component inputs but honestly on a regular tv the diffrence between svideo and component is hardly noticible. Component really only benefits when you hit progressive mode.

Maybe it's just years of PC gaming, and twekaing to get every FPS, and pixel to look perfect, But I can see a difference between Svideo and Component, even on a non HD TV like mine.

put it this way, if you can get component, there's no reason to not get the best to start with. Then, if you, like me, are getting an HD TV in a month or so.....you already got the right cables.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Go get a set of Monster Advance A/V cables. That should do the trick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »