Home

a "covert's"preview (of the video)

This is a discussion on a "covert's"preview (of the video) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #9
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: a \"covert\'s\"preview (of the video)

Quote:

augustus said:
Quote:

gopadres said:
Very nice!

(Do you mean "convert" or are you some kind of Madden spy?)

umm, no. I mean "convert" as in I'll be buying ESPN instead of Madden this year. I just like what I see on the video and am honest about who I am, that certainly doesn't make me a spy of any kind. I could care less about the flame wars and fanboyism going on right (esp. on Madden fan sites) b/c I just want the better gameplay product.

I got fed up with Madden claiming to be a "football simulation" but even admitted in their recent producer's interview's that they intentionally ignored fixing crucial, fundamental gameplay problems because they claimed that it would kill the "fun factor" or the game. One big fact is that they admitted to intentionally over/under rating player speeds in order to promote more "big plays" and make "highlight players" standout; however, the speed issue is the PRIMARY cause for Madden's notoriously bad runnning game, "grandma-speed" QB's, and poor overall blocking. That told me right then that they are more concerned with appealing to the bigger, arcadish fan-base rather than making the a fundamentally sound football game. I finally got a console, and for $20, ESPN has earned a shot at winning me over like they did on dreamcast. Even if I do buy madden, I'll definitely wait a few months for the price to dip first; however, from the way people talk NCAA has more polish than Madden so I may just get that.

At first i thought the same thing, but didnt pay any attention to it, If you notice the title of the thread you spelled out "covert" not "convert".
Old 07-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: a \"covert\'s\"preview (of the video)

oh dang!! my bad! guess I can't spell today. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »