Home

EGM scores ESPN

This is a discussion on EGM scores ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: EGM scores ESPN

This is whats up. As far as sound, visuals, overall presentation (feeling like youre really part of the game), more realistic gameplay.. ESPN is a better game than Madden. As far as the franchise mode goes, Madden still kicks ESPN's [censored]. Thats not to say ESPN doesnt have a kick [censored] Franchise Mode, its just that Madden's is more robust. Thats my honest opinion of the two games.

I think the problem is Madden is to video game football like what Jiff is to Peanut Butter. Jiff has been the big bad name in peanut butter for so long and so many people have been buying it, when another brand comes along, its just like "oh..no thanks, i love my Jiff".

I think what has happened is up until the ESPN NFL series has come out, all other football games completely and utterly paled in comparison to Madden, so when ESPN NFL came out, people were like "oh, this is just another NON-MADDEN football game, its gonna be the same story like all the other football games that arent MADDEN"....its kinda like people have been Madden fans for soooo long (including myself)...Picking ESPN over Madden would be like Picking Kobe Bryant over Micael Jordon. Kobe at 25 is a better player than Jordan was at 25, only slightly better, but still better. But so many people have been riding Jordan's nuts for so long...its like blasphemy to say there is someone out there who is or might end up being better than the legend MJ..but it happens. Someone or something eventually comes along to surpass the other. There was a time when people said Magic Johnson was the best player ever..then MJ Came along...its the same way with Madden and ESPN. ESPN in my opinion is a better game. Not by much , but overall it is...its just that people have been on the Madden tip for so long, alot of them dare not call another game better.

madden loyalists...I know its hard to do.. let it go lol...ESPN is the better game (both are awesome though). Dont look at ESPN as some [censored] madden competitor that got threw out into the fray like 989 Sports football, or some other company. ESPN believe it or not is my choice if I was forced to choose..and this is coming from someone who has played madden since the first one, with the green sticker on the sega genesis cartridge back in 1991. Go check out the review at IGN.COM. Read the unbiased review. And as far as the whole argument over what EGM said about ESPN lacking the visuals that Madden has.. WWHAAAAAAAAAAT? Like someone said earlier..that right there IMO discredits that review. It would be different if they said Madden had better gameplay, etc etc because people have thier own style of playing the football games, and for some, the madden gameplay will be better in their opinion..but visually??? nah..thats different. Saying ESPN doesnt look better than madden is like saying a shiny new mustang rolled off the dealership lot doesnt look better than one thats been wrecked and is rusted.. EGM GIVE ME A BREAK>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 08:17 PM   #66
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

and you know all of this because you played them both? just wondering.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:32 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

blackceasar said:
This is whats up. As far as sound, visuals, overall presentation (feeling like youre really part of the game), more realistic gameplay.. ESPN is a better game than Madden. As far as the franchise mode goes, Madden still kicks ESPN's [censored]. Thats not to say ESPN doesnt have a kick [censored] Franchise Mode, its just that Madden's is more robust. Thats my honest opinion of the two games.

I think the problem is Madden is to video game football like what Jiff is to Peanut Butter. Jiff has been the big bad name in peanut butter for so long and so many people have been buying it, when another brand comes along, its just like "oh..no thanks, i love my Jiff".

I think what has happened is up until the ESPN NFL series has come out, all other football games completely and utterly paled in comparison to Madden, so when ESPN NFL came out, people were like "oh, this is just another NON-MADDEN football game, its gonna be the same story like all the other football games that arent MADDEN"....its kinda like people have been Madden fans for soooo long (including myself)...Picking ESPN over Madden would be like Picking Kobe Bryant over Micael Jordon. Kobe at 25 is a better player than Jordan was at 25, only slightly better, but still better. But so many people have been riding Jordan's nuts for so long...its like blasphemy to say there is someone out there who is or might end up being better than the legend MJ..but it happens. Someone or something eventually comes along to surpass the other. There was a time when people said Magic Johnson was the best player ever..then MJ Came along...its the same way with Madden and ESPN. ESPN in my opinion is a better game. Not by much , but overall it is...its just that people have been on the Madden tip for so long, alot of them dare not call another game better.

madden loyalists...I know its hard to do.. let it go lol...ESPN is the better game (both are awesome though). Dont look at ESPN as some [censored] madden competitor that got threw out into the fray like 989 Sports football, or some other company. ESPN believe it or not is my choice if I was forced to choose..and this is coming from someone who has played madden since the first one, with the green sticker on the sega genesis cartridge back in 1991. Go check out the review at IGN.COM. Read the unbiased review. And as far as the whole argument over what EGM said about ESPN lacking the visuals that Madden has.. WWHAAAAAAAAAAT? Like someone said earlier..that right there IMO discredits that review. It would be different if they said Madden had better gameplay, etc etc because people have thier own style of playing the football games, and for some, the madden gameplay will be better in their opinion..but visually??? nah..thats different. Saying ESPN doesnt look better than madden is like saying a shiny new mustang rolled off the dealership lot doesnt look better than one thats been wrecked and is rusted.. EGM GIVE ME A BREAK>

Those analogies really bring the point home!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »