Home

Online Q: Coming from the PC Madden version

This is a discussion on Online Q: Coming from the PC Madden version within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Online Q: Coming from the PC Madden version

Hello there, I have mainly (or nearly only) played football games on PC, so Madden was the only choice there. Madden 2002 is to date still the best football game on PC as it supports online franchise. Now as EA since Madden 2003 decided to screw all the Madden PC gamers and remove that great mode of play , I am thinking of moving to xbox and most likely ESPN. I got the box, and I am waiting for the game to arrive the 20th in shops.

I have read reviews at IGN and countless of posts here on this forum and on the ESPN forum. None of them seem to state what exactly are the features in online leagues in 2K5.

So my question is what features does online leagues have? Can we do trades, are injuries tracked, is there a draft and can we sign free agents. And last but not least. How many seasons can we play in an online league?

So if anyone who is incredibly smart knows all this, then please answer.

Thank you in advance
caero
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Online Q: Coming from the PC Madden version

online leagues are NOT online franchise. No one has done that since PC Madden 2002. Online leagues are 1 season, with trades, 32 players. You know we still do leagues with multiple season, draft picks, FA, etc.....on the PC, dont you? We just use the stat logs to export the stats into the web-based stat managers and websites and Instant messaging for communication. It's down pat now....

Actually, there is hope Madden will bring back online franchise....next year. The reason is now that all 3 major platforms (excluding GameCube..which is not online at all) are all online, Online Franchise is the next step. EA would be ahead of ESPN since they have done it before. The biggest problem with online franchise is stability and data corrupution. It takes some massive programming to get it right. The reason is it left the PC is because of some corruption issues they could never get right, and they didn't want to expend so many resources on a PC only feature. That may change because of something EA MAY be doing for the PC this year. Again, a post for the Madden boards.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

MrScarface said:
online leagues are NOT online franchise. No one has done that since PC Madden 2002. Online leagues are 1 season, with trades, 32 players. You know we still do leagues with multiple season, draft picks, FA, etc.....on the PC, dont you? We just use the stat logs to export the stats into the web-based stat managers and websites and Instant messaging for communication. It's down pat now....

Actually, there is hope Madden will bring back online franchise....next year. The reason is now that all 3 major platforms (excluding GameCube..which is not online at all) are all online, Online Franchise is the next step. EA would be ahead of ESPN since they have done it before. The biggest problem with online franchise is stability and data corrupution. It takes some massive programming to get it right. The reason is it left the PC is because of some corruption issues they could never get right, and they didn't want to expend so many resources on a PC only feature. That may change because of something EA MAY be doing for the PC this year. Again, a post for the Madden boards.

add injuries and update rosters. All the other features have not been talked about yet.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Other info I can add:

You can only own one team
no computer players, only human allowed

Taylor34

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »