Home

The fields in ESPN...

This is a discussion on The fields in ESPN... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The fields in ESPN...

Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for this game, and I have been a fan of the 2k series ever since DC, but one thing in the screens really annoys me. It seems like the fields that should be field turf are only astro turf this year. They had it correct last year for the most part. But like in the screens with the Falcons, their turf is just old astro turf, not the new field turf, they had field turf in the game last year, but not this year...or so it seems. Wow, I cannot even believe I am complaining about this. But it's just one of those things that bugs me.

Can't wait till Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 12:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The fields in ESPN...

I don't know the difference.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

i can tell a difference between grass and turf but not astro turf and field turf. but i would like them to be accurate.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Field turf just has a much more "grassy" look and feel to it, if the two were compared side by side you could tell the difference no problem.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

matt34652000 said:
Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for this game, and I have been a fan of the 2k series ever since DC, but one thing in the screens really annoys me. It seems like the fields that should be field turf are only astro turf this year. They had it correct last year for the most part. But like in the screens with the Falcons, their turf is just old astro turf, not the new field turf, they had field turf in the game last year, but not this year...or so it seems. Wow, I cannot even believe I am complaining about this. But it's just one of those things that bugs me.

Can't wait till Tuesday.

I think there is a slight difference in texture. If you look at the pics posted of the Vikings astroturf field and then look at ATL's field, I think there is a difference in color/texture. I could be wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 12:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

CUin2004 said:
Quote:

matt34652000 said:

Can't wait till Tuesday.

I think there is a slight difference in texture. If you look at the pics posted of the Vikings astroturf field and then look at ATL's field, I think there is a difference in color/texture. I could be wrong though.

Hopefully, won't be able to tell for sure until I get my hands on the game.
Go Cubs.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Buffalo looks more grass turf (darker) than in pics--looks like asto turf--old field before last year
Old 07-18-2004, 01:19 AM   #8
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

matt34652000 said:
Field turf just has a much more "grassy" look and feel to it, if the two were compared side by side you could tell the difference no problem.

yea astro turf looks more lime greenish and flat like a golf course putting green , and field turf looks a little longer and it looks like a carpet that got vacuumed all haphazardly and almost looks like parts of the turf are wet.
would be very hard to to do a true field turf - but it is something that they should be working on , even if it is a slight color difference - the more realism they bring to the stadiums the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »