Home

A few questions.

This is a discussion on A few questions. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 05:23 AM   #1
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
A few questions.

I've been a madden gamer for as long as I can remember. But with ESPN comming out first this year and only being $19.99 and my dissapointment with NCAA 2005 I'm probablly going to pick up ESPN when it comes out. But befor I do couldyou guys in your opnions what seperates ESPN from madden as far as: Presentation, gameplay, Computer A.I. and overall realism to the actual NFL. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 05:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: A few questions.

Quote:

N51_rob said:
I've been a madden gamer for as long as I can remember. But with ESPN comming out first this year and only being $19.99 and my dissapointment with NCAA 2005 I'm probablly going to pick up ESPN when it comes out. But befor I do couldyou guys in your opnions what seperates ESPN from madden as far as: Presentation, gameplay, Computer A.I. and overall realism to the actual NFL. Thanks in advance.

Numerous topics on this, but I will give it a shot.

Presentation: This year is all ESPN, everything about it bleeds ESPN, so it should be a very good presentation. Looking at the screenshots it seems easy to navigate and flows very smoothly.

Gameplay: I prefer the ESPN/2K gameplay to Madden. It is run at a different speed than Madden, so it will probably take a bit of getting used to. Lots of different features, my favorite is the Maximum Passing. It allows you to lead a receiver in any direction to try and zip it between multiple defenders.

A.I.: There were a few things wrong w/ last years A.I. One was the fact that they have a hard time tackling on the sidelines, they shy away from the runner. If you dropped back deep enough, the defenders would break their coverage, which in turn resulted in an easy completion. The running game was terribly powerful, 3-4-5-6 broken tackles on one play at times.

^All of these have been fixed by account of the reviewers.

Realism: I find it a lot more realistic than Madden, this is what a simulation should be. They get accurate stats overall, and everything but the special teams returns seems very accurate to me in last years game.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:34 AM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:25 AM   #4
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

N51_rob said:
Thanks.

I don't know what to tell you but I started with 2k series in 99 and haven't looked back...That's my opinion though...I love everything about espn...All i can say is when you pick this game up don't play it like madden.Learn your own style and give this game a honest shot..You have like 2 weeks before madden comes out...Give it at least that long...If you don't like it Hell have fun with madden....VIDEOGAMES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! ComPETITION ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »