Home

Electronic Gaming Rates Madden Over ESPN

This is a discussion on Electronic Gaming Rates Madden Over ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Electronic Gaming Rates Madden Over ESPN

Madden replicates team playbooks like I replicate Tom Cruise in the mirror.

We're both white men with brown hair and great smiles...the similarities end there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #26
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

medlinke said:
Madden replicates team playbooks like I replicate Tom Cruise in the mirror.

We're both white men with brown hair and great smiles...the similarities end there.

You're 4'11", too?!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #27
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

penguit said:
the funniest part of ANY football review anywhere is the claim that Madden's graphics any year are better than the 2K series.

Flat out ridiculous. Period. End of story. I'll argue anything one way or another. I can truly see people preferring Madden over ESPN overall. It's a apples versus oranges thing. Two VERY good games overall.

But graphics, it's not even close. It's like comparing ESPN to tecmo bown. It's just a no-brainer.

Anyway..................

It's called opinion and everyone has there own right to it.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Let's get roght down to the facts. Both of games are going to be very good. Does ESPN Footabll get a fair shake when comes to reviews. Probably not. By all rights if you just go by the quality of the two games in the past. The sales should have been closer. But we all know that Madden has crushed ESPN in sales. Alot of that has do with EA marketing and aslo brand loyality. Myself am going to get both games. Sega made a grat move with the price change in attempt to get more ESPN games sold. Am going to wathc and see if it works. My own thoughts are that ESPN will seel well but havea feeling that it will still be outsold by large marigns by EA.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:11 PM   #29
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow, no matter how many times you say it people still complain.

It's called preference.

Just because YOU feel that ESPN's graphics are better, doesn't mean that another person feels the same way. It's ridiculous to say that it's flat out better, period. No, it's not. It's better to you, but that's where it stops.

I'm also shocked that so many people talk about how EA fans always prep up their game and talk trash about ESPN, yet, I've seen the exact same here on this thread for ESPN.

Grow up.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:25 PM   #30
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

FWIW, PSM preferred ESPN over Madden.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:33 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

ESPN doesn't get a fair shake because the people who do football game reviews are most likely are Madden fans. That would make their decision to be a Madden fan wrong if another game out there is better. Until these reviewers actually sit down and learn the in and outs of ESPN and not just play 10 minutes or just one game for their reviews they will never have credibility in my book. Anybody who has learned how to play ESPN will tell you its more realistic. They also have no credibility when they still say Madden looks better after seeing ESPN on the Xbox. Even Ray Charles may he rest in peace would be able to see that. Madden used to be the king of extras but ESPN best that too. Madden had the deeper Franchise but with ESPN's weekly preparation that has even changed in favor of ESPN. Call me when Madden's owner mode effect on the field actions.

The 3 main reasons I don't like Madden and for the life of me don't know why people still deem Madden realistic is 1) 30 yard drops and the ability to complete passes from doing it (still after 15 years). Even though I would always win I got tired of people using it every time they passed the ball. 2) Madden doesn't force you to either run nor pass the ball. If you want to run all day you can and if you want to pass all day you can. Playing the CPU or even a human in ESPN you just can't pass or run all game and win. 3) Madden himself. His commentary in the game if you can call it that makes you want to slit your wrists or hang yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #32
R**k**

OVR: 3

Quote:

YankeePride_YP said:

It's called preference.

Just because YOU feel that ESPN's graphics are better, doesn't mean that another person feels the same way. It's ridiculous to say that it's flat out better, period. No, it's not. It's better to you, but that's where it stops.

Yeah, and I think Rosie O'Donnell is hands down hotter than Kate Beckinsale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »