Home

OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6

This is a discussion on OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6

real time weather effects--the game tracks real weather for that city
ENHANCED Weather effects--Wind (affects passing/kicking game if strong winds and stadium), rain splashes on turf and puddles that accumulate players slde through, mud and dirt that accumulates, sun effects on playing surface(Fever did the best job so far Ive seen), snow accumulates with tracks and changing intensity. Hopefully 4 pm games this year become dark near 4th qtr.

Updated coaches with roster updates.

ESPN sunday night crew commentators.

Louder AUDIO from crowds, chants, NCAA style affects visiting team audibles--composure of QB plays role here--A Peyton Manning better than Leftwich in this attribute.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6

Will we be seeing 2k6 as a launch game for xbox2 next year???
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

In a way I hope so, and in a way I don't. The reason is, I remember NFL2k2 for the Xbox when it made it's debut. Though it was a noticable improvement from the Dreamcast, it was HIGHLY lacking in extras. My fear is that Sega does not have enough time to really explore the next-gen consoles as those consoles are being developed themselves. It may be better to have a team dedicated to NFL2k6 for the Xbox, and have an ongoing development staff working with Microsoft to develop for the Xbox Next.

This tactic would serve another purpose that would help us gamers. If the main reason why we buy a new console every 3 or 4 years is to play the best NFL game available, and Sega waits until 2006 to release NFL2k7, they will have had two full years to work on proper development for the game. Also, if Xbox Next comes out in 2005, you know it will be $300 or $400 new. If we have a good NFL2k6 to play with for 2005 on Xbox, we won't have to buy Xbox Next until it has been out for a year already. Which means that it is certain to cost only half of what it did when it premiered in 2005.

So, to wrap up:

1) We get an even better, more polished, feature-packed NFL2k premier on the new console.

2) We won't be in a hurry to get the new console when it comes out in 2005 because we will still have a kick-butt NFL2k6 on our current Xbox.

3) We will end up spending LESS money for the new console, because we would have waited until 2006 to get it for NFL2k7.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

1.CFL and NFL EUROPE MODE
Old 07-19-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
In a way I hope so, and in a way I don't. The reason is, I remember NFL2k2 for the Xbox when it made it's debut. Though it was a noticable improvement from the Dreamcast, it was HIGHLY lacking in extras. My fear is that Sega does not have enough time to really explore the next-gen consoles as those consoles are being developed themselves. It may be better to have a team dedicated to NFL2k6 for the Xbox, and have an ongoing development staff working with Microsoft to develop for the Xbox Next.

This tactic would serve another purpose that would help us gamers. If the main reason why we buy a new console every 3 or 4 years is to play the best NFL game available, and Sega waits until 2006 to release NFL2k7, they will have had two full years to work on proper development for the game. Also, if Xbox Next comes out in 2005, you know it will be $300 or $400 new. If we have a good NFL2k6 to play with for 2005 on Xbox, we won't have to buy Xbox Next until it has been out for a year already. Which means that it is certain to cost only half of what it did when it premiered in 2005.

So, to wrap up:

1) We get an even better, more polished, feature-packed NFL2k premier on the new console.

2) We won't be in a hurry to get the new console when it comes out in 2005 because we will still have a kick-butt NFL2k6 on our current Xbox.

3) We will end up spending LESS money for the new console, because we would have waited until 2006 to get it for NFL2k7.

Yea but MS wants us to buy the new console when it arrives--do you not think MS will have some BIG titles that will want people to go out and buy it NOW!!!! VC is probably working onthe xbox2 now if it will be on that system next year OR MS may be having FEVER suprise everyone next year.

Anyways Im sure there is going to be some BIG titles released on xbox2. I cant wait to see High Heat with Xbox2 graphics personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

bucs44 said:
Hopefully 4 pm games this year become dark near 4th qtr.

Updated coaches with roster updates.

For the first one, I think MAdden has that this year. Not sure about ESPN. As for the 2nd one, is that really a FEATURE?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Re: OK Bored thought of some features for 2k6

One feature I would like to see on NFL 2K6 is once the quarter has come to an end, we all notice how they show short cut senes of cheerleaders, orthe crowd. I think it would be kind of cool if they were to show one of the Sport Center commercials or any ESPN commercials for that matter. They could show the ones we are able to unlock in the crib mode. I just think it would add to the presentation factor alittle more. I really wonder what new features will be added on 2K6.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:22 AM   #8
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I would like to see

- CFL mode (with CFL players or the option of NFL players playing CFL rules on CFL field)

- VIP Profiles of Old School coaches like Jim Mora (have his post game tirade in the game), Chuck Knox, George Seifert, Bill Walsh, Marc Levy, Mike Ditka, Wayne Fonts, Art Shell, Don Shula, etc..... a

- VIP Profiles of old school players like Montana, Elway, Young, Davis, Sanders, OJ, Kosar, Monk, Largeant, Green, Taylor, etc.....

- In game saves

- Have off-season workout mode to train players. IE. have virtual gym where you button mash to bench press, timing based button for skipping rope, etc.

- Have penalties/infractions where players get tossed from the game

- Be able to control Super Bowl celebration. Press different buttons to hold trophy, hold newspaper, drink champagne

- Have NFL draft combine where you actually work out the players in drills

- Have extensive scouting where poor rated scouts can give you misleading information about college players or other players on the trading block

-Have sideline mode where you can have pep talks with teammates to boost morale, ride the station bike to boost attributes, talk to the offensive co-ordinator through a phone to get play calling tips, dump gatorade on the coach after a victory

- Involve scandals where you get accused of commiting crimes like Rae Carruth, drug scandals, and even hooker scandals ala Eugene Robinson, and you have to go to court to plead your innocence or else your career is in jeopordy (of course I know this will NEVER be in a videogame)

- Career Mode: Where you start off as a scrub at a Community College and have to work your way up to the NFL and to the top where you can be selected into the Hall of Fame (with cut scenes for cermony)

- Ice the Kicker option. If the kicker has a lower compusure rating, calling a timeout will lower his attributes depending on game situation. If the comp does this to you, the controller and screen will shake and become blurry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »