Home

If you love ESPN..Will you still TRY Madden?

This is a discussion on If you love ESPN..Will you still TRY Madden? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
If you love ESPN..Will you still TRY Madden?

OK folks..I'm a HARDCORE ESPN fan, and I absolutely HATE EA's penchant for giving us minimal improvements even though they have a maximum budget, but I will still try Madden, to see if the defensive improvements are significant. We all usually jump down the throats of the close-minded Madden fans, but will YOU be A hypocrite? Madden's butter smooth, super-fluid physics are still a draw for me over seemingly still robotic the feel of the 2K series, so I'm actually hyped for both.

Are you gonna try Madden this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If you love ESPN..Will you still TRY Madden?

I'm buying both and I think a lot of gamers will do the same...
Old 07-19-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Im buying both

Theres no excuse not to, a month earlier and only 20$
Old 07-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
OK folks..I'm a HARDCORE ESPN fan, and I absolutely HATE EA's penchant for giving us minimal improvements even though they have a maximum budget, but I will still try Madden, to see if the defensive improvements are significant. We all usually jump down the throats of the close-minded Madden fans, but will YOU be A hypocrite? Madden's butter smooth, super-fluid physics are still a draw for me over seemingly still robotic the feel of the 2K series, so I'm actually hyped for both.

Nope, I won't buy another EA football game until they have a new engine. The current one is too scripted for my tastes so no matter what EA adds, I won't like the game since I don't like the foundation on which it is built. Once they build a new engine, I will give them a shot again.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #5
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

HMcCoy said:

If you asked me a week ago, I would've said that I'm definitely getting Madden. Now, it's up in the air.

The best thing for me to do is to stop watching the Madden videos. I'm sure there is truly a good game in there somewhere, but these videos just make me cringe. And the more I see, the more I dislike.

I have bought Madden every single year for I don't know how long and the commentary and gameplay that I'm seeing now is eerily identical.

I like some of the defensive improvements that they "talk" of, but I just don't know at this point.

ESPN will undoubtedly have a bug. And depending how major it is, that will decide if I go and buy Madden in August.

No more videos for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

RobBase said:
I'm buying both and I think a lot of gamers will do the same...

Buying both Espn for the xbox madden collectors edition for ps2.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
"*n t* th* n*xt tr**..."

I'm with Bondra. Got tired of scoring 50-60 points a game in my first few games playing Madden last year. It's easy to do once you are used to ESPN's engine since it's more challenging.

And just to prove my point... one of the final four scores in the Madden championship last year was 115-112. Yep, that seems realistic!

Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:

Nope, I won't buy another EA football game until they have a new engine. The current one is too scripted for my tastes so no matter what EA adds, I won't like the game since I don't like the foundation on which it is built. Once they build a new engine, I will give them a shot again.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:32 PM   #8
Banned

i wont because Maddens gameplay is so dry and old - if i put it in i will fall asleep now that ive tried ESPN i am hooked on it and i cant even play NCAA college football - ESPN is just a totally different feel and im glad ill have it tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »