Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

ok here we go...

i fired up a franchise cause i figured yall would want to know about it. Started it with the bears and when i went to play my game, the weekly planning stuff came up. holy [censored], overwhelming to say the least, im glad to say that your regimene is ported over to the next week and you can edit it from there so you dont have to start from scratch. Its really really deep theres a lot you can do with these, will be interesting to mess around with. Anyways as for the game i played the cards in the rain at home. Unis did get progressively dirty but i didnt see anyone absolutely covered in mud or anything, i played 5 minute quarters.

I won 38-6 on pro, just wanted to start off on somethin easy. Broke a few big runs with thomas jones for TDs. The game played pretty well, i broke some maximum tackle tackles by pressing x really fast which was cool.... Charles Tillman got injured with a fracture in his arm i think for 5 weeks. The one girl did talk about the injuries while i was playin, unlike last year. The computer was goin for the TDs when they were down in my redzone instead of field goals when they were down by a bunch, i forget if this was an issue or not last year.

The sportscenter show went through the games and some of the free agent signings. The computer picked up a bunch of free agents right away, which i dont believe happend last year in the first season. It showed the big injuries too, and of coruse Tillman was the main one =/

In the gameplan thing, there is this rehibilitation stuff that can help your players come back faster from injuries i believe so it will be cool to see if it works.

The vip thing gives points for things you do in teh game and you buy stuff in your crib with the points.

I went into the gameplan and tried doubling Bouldin and im not sure if it worked or not... IT never had 2 lines pointing to him.... Using the defensive back hotroutes or whatever they are called though, y ou can make people double a specific WR and that does infact work for sure.

Im probably forgetting some stuff, but ill answer any questions you guys have the best i can...
Old 07-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, the passing animations are great. I played a game as GB and the way Brett Farve rifled that ball to his right while falling slightly to his left - amazing.

And I'm not usually one to pick out such stupid little details but that is the best looking football I've ever seen. I can't believe I'm posting about the way the football looks....
Old 07-20-2004, 09:30 PM   #75
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

Quick Question :

On throws where the ball arcs...does the ball ever change trajectory, last year the ball stayed perfectly flat no matter how far the throw was...so does the actual football change in angle on the longer throws...like this

Let go of pass = / (nose pointing up)
Catching the pass = \ (nose pointing down)

Not a big deal, it just really irked me last year

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

hey guys that have the game how are the custom soundtracks?
Old 07-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 15

ah yes i almost forget, on 5 minute sim quarters one of the primetime players was an LB with 15 tackles. This is totally acceptable however as that does happen in the nfl, the real test will be if i sim it on 3 seconds if their tackles scale down which they didnt do last year...

Its also pretty tricky to get used to the new momemtum and animations for the cut backs especially on D, using the strafe helped though i noticed
Old 07-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:

CptObvious said:
Quick Question :

On throws where the ball arcs...does the ball ever change trajectory, last year the ball stayed perfectly flat no matter how far the throw was...so does the actual football change in angle on the longer throws...like this

Let go of pass = / (nose pointing up)
Catching the pass = \ (nose pointing down)

Not a big deal, it just really irked me last year

Thanks

Mos def, the ball physics are much improved this year. I haven't seen any wobbly passes yet. They all come out perfect spirals. No big deal but Madden has always had them.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:

smurface said:
hey guys that have the game how are the custom soundtracks?

Haven't tried that out yet. I was more into getting in some game time.

One thing that I noticed online was some weird leaderboard stats, most notably on defense. I think some of the things done while testing left some defensive stats that are a bit curious. The players were all named USXboxcert followed by a random number. One of them had given up -861 yards in 8 games.....very weird. I'm sure they'll fix that though.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:41 PM   #80
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Could someone please please sim a season and check out the pro bowl for me? This has been a constant year to year problem I've had with an incredible game - get the friggin helmets right!!!

Crossing my fingers!!

Tomorrow!!

Anyone find out yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »