Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

2k5 gotta be off the hook! i mean some peeps have had the game for a few hrs and nobody is posting JACK!.some posts soon, i hope(anybody expeiencing a delay on this site besides me, maybe its just the heavy traffic due to the game's release)
Old 07-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

A couple of things I am worried about from Steve's Q & A.

This was Steve's response when asked about using the old teams in other modes.

Quote:

Nope. You can't use them in any other mode, except "ESPN 25th Anniversary" from what I can tell. Looks like it's going to be brutal for you again this year.

I'm guessing we can still use the old teams in exhibitions against one anohter? Also how far back do the teams go? From the screens I saw it went back to 1951, do they go back to the leather helmet days?

And when Steve was asked about weather changes he said...

Quote:

From all the games I have played, the weather stayed constant. The cloud shadows move across the field just like last year.

Even in 2K during games where it rained the rain came and went throughout the game so I'm confused here.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

The weather and the old teams in other modes are the least of my concerns. My concern is how I'm going to alternate playing NCAA, ESPN, and Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 04:41 PM   #12
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

i just got back from picking it up, im gonna put it in a little later, cause right now im watching the indians game. so if you want i will come back with impressions. and if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. but im not gonna play till about 7 or so cause of the baseball game. so ask now i will make a list and come back with answers
Old 07-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

pjv31 said:
i just got back from picking it up, im gonna put it in a little later, cause right now im watching the indians game. os if you want i will come back with impressions. and if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. but im not gonna play till about 7 or so cause of the baseball game. so ask now i will make a list and come back with answers

Are in-game saves finally in this year?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #14
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:

GnarlyKing said:
Quote:

pjv31 said:
i just got back from picking it up, im gonna put it in a little later, cause right now im watching the indians game. os if you want i will come back with impressions. and if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. but im not gonna play till about 7 or so cause of the baseball game. so ask now i will make a list and come back with answers

It has been said many times before. No in game saves or acclerated clock.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:49 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

marino13 said:
Quote:

GnarlyKing said:
Quote:

pjv31 said:

It has been said many times before. No in game saves or acclerated clock.

OK, thanks. I had seen no accelerated clock but hadn't seen in-game saves mentioned before. Kinda sad though, since that makes being live Aware a completely useless feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

"OH MY GOD"....I just picked up the game about an hour ago and I only played one half, Giants vs Panthers and let me tell "THIS IS THE BEST DAMN FOOTBALL GAME I EVER PLAYED" just from on half of play I was in total shock on how the game played and looked and sound, just amazing. Now I've been playing Video game football for like 15 years now and I never have been blown away like this ever. OK Ive always been a huge Madden fan just like almost all you guys until the Sega came out with NFL2k in the dreamcast days, that when I said bye Madden and hello 2k, I never looked back, all though I still gave Madden a rent and it never has done anything for me again(Madden). I will live and die bye ESPN its great. I don't want to be bias gamer or anything but Im sorry to say I know its my opinion but EA and Madden have not put out a game of this magnatude since Madden 2000 for the PS2. Well anyway for all the Madden fans and video gamers Please pick up this game and you will never regret it, I promise.

Graphics- All I can say is that I never seen a sports game as pretty as ESPN05 ever, From the players unis from the players models from even the damn football itself its just awsome, I played one half at Giants staduim and the grass was all tore up and look like a football team was playing on it very, very nice, the crowds were awsome as well, I just can't say enough on how great the game looks. Animations are just flat out the best I ever seen very, very cool stuff. You have to see to believe it.

Gameplay- WOW the players move so slick and and smooth on ever play I seen, they buttons respond is spot on. the players move on the drop of a dime no delay at all, I really think this is a work of art. The passing was so smooth and nice until I got my @ss sacked twice in a row with Warner waiting for someone to get open, maybe it had somthing to do with me playing the NFC Champions

Sound- I won't type too much about this, I just leave at this I'll take Peter O'keffe and Dan Stevens over any buddy any day, they do a great jobe and the player chater is at it tops this year, great sound in every area of the game. Bottom line you won't here a better sounding footballgame ever..well until ESPN2k6

Now guys rember I said I only played a half a game and I feel this good about this game, just imagine when yo get, I ask some Questions right now until I leave, I'll be on for another 15 min.

To sume it up Great football game, I just can't see myself ever getting bored of this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »