Home

Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review

This is a discussion on Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2004, 03:49 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Our ESPN NFL 2K5 Review

Quote:

NovaStar said:
Yeah, I gave myself a headache trying to read that one. Simply put. The review Steve gave the game was spot on in my opinion, if you weigh the totality of the game, would you say that 2k5 is one of if not the best playing football game that you have played to date (not a question just for you but for anyone else)If the answer to that question is yes, then the review Steve gave is dead on.

You seem to have an unwarranted dislike for the game, (you imply that 2k5 is a step backwards compared to 2k4) which makes your opinion bugged, for an unbiased opinion is bug free.

The game is rife with bugs. So in that regard, hell yeah it's a step back from 2K4. 2K4 also had no framerate issues during gameplay. 2K5 does a lot. So that also is a huge step backwards.

And it's moronic to say that you have to either like ESPN or else you like Madden. There's been several seasons where I haven't liked Madden or NFL2K, and likewise years when I loved both. Last year was a year I loved both, but then the nasty problems with the running game in ESPN showed up and the love sorta died.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 18

It is just as moronic, and misleading to say (or type) something that i did not say. I never said you have to like one or the other, I said that you have a bugged opinion because it appears to be biased against 2k5. You further this point by implying that since the running game in last years version you have not liked ESPN. What does the running game of 2k4 have to do with 2k5? since it is the consensus that they did modify this aspect of the game ( to some gamers liking and to the dislike of others). Again, when you take this game in its totality, it is the best football game to date. It appears to me you have a far flung, inconsistent dislike for the game. Of course this is just an unbiased observation.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Quote:

NovaStar said:
Yeah, I gave myself a headache trying to read that one. Simply put. The review Steve gave the game was spot on in my opinion, if you weigh the totality of the game, would you say that 2k5 is one of if not the best playing football game that you have played to date (not a question just for you but for anyone else)If the answer to that question is yes, then the review Steve gave is dead on.

You seem to have an unwarranted dislike for the game, (you imply that 2k5 is a step backwards compared to 2k4) which makes your opinion bugged, for an unbiased opinion is bug free.

The game is rife with bugs. So in that regard, hell yeah it's a step back from 2K4. 2K4 also had no framerate issues during gameplay. 2K5 does a lot. So that also is a huge step backwards.

And it's moronic to say that you have to either like ESPN or else you like Madden. There's been several seasons where I haven't liked Madden or NFL2K, and likewise years when I loved both. Last year was a year I loved both, but then the nasty problems with the running game in ESPN showed up and the love sorta died.

You have stated your opinion so let it go. Everybody understands you dislike the game and feel its full of bugs. Some people agree, some dont. Bottom line is youve stated your peace, so just move on.

Also, as for your statement about expecting OS to take a little more time in putting out reviews, so we dont miss stuff, here's a thought: Did you ever think maybe Steve never saw those bugs? Ive had the game for a week, fooled around with franchise and ive never seen the trade or draft bug. I'm not saying they dont exist, Ive just never seen them. Dont you think Steve would have mentioned that in a review if he would have seen it?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:42 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:

aholbert32 said:
Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Quote:

NovaStar said:

You have stated your opinion so let it go. Everybody understands you dislike the game and feel its full of bugs. Some people agree, some dont. Bottom line is youve stated your peace, so just move on.

Also, as for your statement about expecting OS to take a little more time in putting out reviews, so we dont miss stuff, here's a thought: Did you ever think maybe Steve never saw those bugs? Ive had the game for a week, fooled around with franchise and ive never seen the trade or draft bug. I'm not saying they dont exist, Ive just never seen them. Dont you think Steve would have mentioned that in a review if he would have seen it?

No, but I do know that if he had played the game a lot more, waited for it to be released and heard about the bugs from members of your forums, he could have tried to see if he could recreate them. There's nothing like releasing a game into the hands of thousands of gamers to find bugs. What would it have hurt to wait a week or two? Honestly.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:

NovaStar said:
It is just as moronic, and misleading to say (or type) something that i did not say. I never said you have to like one or the other, I said that you have a bugged opinion because it appears to be biased against 2k5. You further this point by implying that since the running game in last years version you have not liked ESPN. What does the running game of 2k4 have to do with 2k5? since it is the consensus that they did modify this aspect of the game ( to some gamers liking and to the dislike of others). Again, when you take this game in its totality, it is the best football game to date. It appears to me you have a far flung, inconsistent dislike for the game. Of course this is just an unbiased observation.

My apologies. The part about liking one or the other was directed at the guy that posted after you, who said because I didn't appear to like ESPN 2K5(which I do, I just think it could have been much better), that I had to love Madden. Not true. I haven't even played Madden this year.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:02 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Quote:

aholbert32 said:
Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Quote:

NovaStar said:

No, but I do know that if he had played the game a lot more, waited for it to be released and heard about the bugs from members of your forums, he could have tried to see if he could recreate them. There's nothing like releasing a game into the hands of thousands of gamers to find bugs. What would it have hurt to wait a week or two? Honestly.

Then what difference would it have made? If he waited until this week to post the review, the majority of the people who rely on his review (the members of this forum and site) would have already bought the game and read about the bug in the forum. Maybe it would have lowered the score of the game or maybe it wouldnt have. Also, did Steve's review cause you to buy ESPN? Would you have waited until Steve's review came out before you purchased it. The answer is probably no. You would have probably relied on the press and the reviews from other sites such as IGN and purchased it.

With that said, a review is a person's opinion. To try to hold Steve or this site accountable for a missed bug or two in a review is ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 18

No problem EaSEga. Apology accepted. I just don't get it. I read all of the negative posts concerning this game, yet when I play it, I am thinking some of these cats out here are crazy, this game is off the freaking hook!!! If you take every version of Madden and every prior version of 2k and compare them to this game, 2k5 (flaws and all) is hands down the best. This statement does not include the version of Madden yet to be released. I know one thing, Madden 05 is going to have to bring it!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 05:28 PM   #72
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

ololo--

Quote:

The gameplay may be the core of the product, but for many gamers, the franchise mode is what keeps us coming back.

yeah i suppose i`m in the minority here. i keep comming back for DEEP GAMEPLAY and not much else. franchise mode is okay but i`ll only play about two or 3 seasons and the rest of my time will be spent online or offline multiplayer or just playing quick games against the CPU.

so are you saying ESPN`s gameplay is deeper than Madden`s? ofcourse i`m reffering to Madden `04 because `05 is not out yet.

but just one comment about Steve`s review- the only thing that i didn`t like about it is how he has this feeling that he needs to keep explaining to us his passion about going into the replay mode OVER AND OVER AND OVER. is he a replay fanboy? haha!

okay enough allready.. we know you like to watch replays but please explain the game in more depth.

i think Football is probably a difficult game to review though. you`re going to have fans like me that would prefer a long gameplay and features only review. and you`re going to have fans that want a graphics and franchise review. and then you`re going to have fans that want a options and bugs review. and this means not everyone is going to be pleased with the reviewer.

its probably best to touch on all subjects including the negatives aswell as the positives and i thought Steve did a pretty good job with this.

i think the TOP SPIN review has been the worst so far. so whatever. OS usually does a good job at reviewing games and if we want more opinions we can open up the message board. thats why we have it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »