Home

One thing ESPN NEEDS to do

This is a discussion on One thing ESPN NEEDS to do within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
One thing ESPN NEEDS to do

ESPN the network that is, is start advertising for your game on your freakin' network! Its not like EA has a network and look what they've done. Just think if ESPN showed a GOOD commercial and showed many of the features of this game has to offer on its network. Makes no sense to profile players and let them talk about Madden on ESPN all the time, and never mention your own game.

With that said, I havent played thi sgame yet and wont till tommorrow, but I hope its good. Even if its not good, if they want to sell more units they need to utilize their own strengths.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: One thing ESPN NEEDS to do

Sega bought the license to use the ESPN name, not the other way around. ESPN has already been paid and have no stake in whether this game succeeeds...that's why. As a matter of fact, if you look at the ESPN personalities page, John Madden is listed as one. ABC being an affiliate of ESPN.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #3
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

Well I've seen commericals for it during PTI and Around The Horn the last few nights, so hpefully it keeps up.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Sleeper said:
Sega bought the license to use the ESPN name, not the other way around. ESPN has already been paid and have no stake in whether this game succeeeds...that's why. As a matter of fact, if you look at the ESPN personalities page, John Madden is listed as one. ABC being an affiliate of ESPN.

I'm sure that is right but I think since ESPN is using much of ESPN talents they would at least want their game to be associated with greatness like the reputation their network has.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #5
Rookie

JakeMoney's Arena

OVR: 3

It's not their game. It's Sega's game. If Sega pays to advertise on ESPN, I'm sure ESPN will take the money. Just like they take EA's money for Madden commercials. It's just business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've already seen it twice tonight on ESPN.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Makes no sense to profile players and let them talk about Madden on ESPN all the time,

It makes as much sense as Monday Night Football allowing Sega and Sony to sponsor the entire show. MNF last year had multiple Sony ads per commercial break and not one Madden ad at the beginning of the year.

That being said,the game has been all over ESPN. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing the commercials. I only watch Sportscenter and I've seen it a bunch of times. If you're looking for ESPN to soley support their product,that will never happen. It's just not how things work in marketing and the Sega/ESPN connection isn't an exception to that rule.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
Quote:

Sleeper said:

I'm sure that is right but I think since ESPN is using much of ESPN talents they would at least want their game to be associated with greatness like the reputation their network has.

Yea, you might think that way. But as we've seen the last 2 years, ESPN doesn't think that way. They give advertising to the companies that pay for it. In the end it's all about money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »