Home

Gather around children, and listen to my tale of woe....

This is a discussion on Gather around children, and listen to my tale of woe.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Gather around children, and listen to my tale of woe....

Quote:

TecmoBowl said:
Maybe this should go in the "Order shipped" sticky thread, but I am going to add something that I think takes it out of that one.

This past weekend I went up to my local Gamestop and prepaid for my Xbox 2k5 (not reserved, PRE PAID). I got an automated call that I can pick up my game Wed. afternoon.

So after work and dinner, I drive the 10 minutes to the Gamestop. When I walk in, the clerk asks if I am here for 2k5 and asks for my last name. I tell him yes and give him my last name. He turns to the display case. There are about 20 PS2 ESPN NFL2k5 games in there and pulls one in a stack with a receipt attached to it.

I tell him it should be for Xbox. He looks at the receipt attached to the PS2 box. It says, like mine "XB" for Xbox. He looks frustrated and at that moment I know they don't have one for me. Apparently the rhymes-with-witch (and I know it was a female cause the clerk used the female pronoun) put my receipt on the wrong box. And they are sold out of the Xbox version.

Due to the fact I am closer to thirty than twenty, I take this calmly. The clerk is more upset than I am. I take a more Zen approach (Q: If the Gamestop does not have the NFL2k5, does it make a sound in my Xbox? A: NO.).

He kindly offers to call all the local Gamestops to see if they have a Xbox version available. 3 separate stores he calls - none have one. That brings me to the point why I didn't put this in the sticky:

FOUR Gamestops in the Alexandria/Springfield, VA area. All sold out of any non-reserved Xbox NFL2k5 games. That bodes well for sales I think. I hope the game can make a dent in the Madden juggernaut and remain in the market for the foreseeable future.

As for me I am without my copy. Hope to have one tomorrow or Friday. I think I am going to go drink now. Cheers.

Tecmobowl, you should come to the Forestville/DC area to get it. That's where I got mine from.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Its not the fact that the Xbox versions are selling they Short stock the Xbox games on purpose, They load up on the Ps2 versions because thats the one that sells more.

This 20 dollar thing is a bad idea, only reason why ESPN Football is good is because when they made the decision to cut price the game was alredy almost finished, ESPN Basketball, Hockey and College basketball will be a different story.

They are cutting costs folks face it and ill tell you what Game Production costs are only skyrocketing!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:00 PM   #19
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

brewer67 said:
This 20 dollar thing is a bad idea, only reason why ESPN Football is good is because when they made the decision to cut price the game was alredy almost finished, ESPN Basketball, Hockey and College basketball will be a different story.

They are cutting costs folks face it and ill tell you what Game Production costs are only skyrocketing!

You know nothing whatsoever about the gaming business do you? They cut the price to get people who will not look past the logo 'EA Sports' to give their games a try. It's a great move, and will result in a lot of new fans of their games.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #20
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13

UPDATE: The precious is mine!

And I don't see them raising the price. You can't cut the price by 60% and then return it to the original value. No one would want to buy it after the price hike. Now next year...
Old 07-22-2004, 09:20 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tecmo your comments just crack me up BTW what's your xbl gamertag?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #22
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

Quote:

photog said:
Tecmo your comments just crack me up BTW what's your xbl gamertag?

Hmm... I guess I finally need to get that wireless router so I can get online with Live.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:39 AM   #23
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

Oh yeah, after getting my precious I played 2 pre-season games with the Chiefs. Lost the first one by a FG, no biggie, just trying stuff out.

Game prep is way deep BTW.

Second game: Jacksonville hammers me in the rain 55-10! I got really frustrated, going for every 4th down, on side kicks (when I actually scored), all out blitzes, etc. I really hit my limit when I got Dante Hall behind the secondary and he got dragged down from behind.

I switched over to the difficulty section in a near rage, intending to lower the pursuit slider. It seems sometime when I was messing around in the first half before my implosion - I set the difficulty on Legendary.

Oops.

I don't see how you can play on that setting. Even if you do something great the CPU can just simply run you down. I was getting torn up!

I lost my Zen composure there for a while. I have it back.

BTW, afterwards I practiced a bit against the CPU on Legendary. Got into a good rhythm avoiding the pass rush in the pocket and hitting my receiver when he finds a soft spot in the secondary. Practice on harder difficulty levels, it helps!

Now I must get up in 6 hours to go to work.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #24
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

I have noticed one potentially serious side effect of playing. After I went to bed around 1:30 and got up at 6, I felt really tired. Could this be some unknown medical side effect of playing 2k5?

I will investigate further tonight. I suspect many are suffering from this condition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »