Home

Am I the only one with frame rate problems..???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one with frame rate problems..??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Am I the only one with frame rate problems..???

After a play on close-ups of the players, and on replays, I'm having some frame rate issues on my XBOX version of 2k5. And, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or like it's a game killer, but it's just extremely annoying. It's killing my eyes for one, and what makes it more annoying is that it wasn't in last year's game. How did they go backwards in this area???

Man, I'm enjoying the game otherwise and I like all of the improvements so far but if there is any way to stop the framerate issues, please let me know.

On a side note, I REALLY have to get used to the new cutting animations. It's like I can't predict when they're going to do them and I end up getting tackled when there's a big hole to run through...but anyway, if there's some little XBOX menu trick or whatever to stop the stuttering and frame rate jumping, put me on. For now, I'm just skipping through all of the post-play stuff, but I'd like to enjoy that aspect of the game also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Am I the only one with frame rate problems..???

i have NO framerate problems.

and also let me add by saying that i think these are the best graphics i have EVER seen in video game history, along with the best football game of all time and the most complete sports gamer ever next to winning eleven 7 soccer
Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have no frame rate problems either. In the 4 hours I have played, I have seen slowdown (after the play is dead) maybe twice.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yep I have Xbox and I get slow framerates on the cut scenes and close up of players. So dont worry. I feel your pain. Man, Guess I should of got a brand new xbox instead of a refurb
Old 07-21-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

There are framerate issues for me during the cut scenes. This is the only time it happens though and it doesn't effect gameplay. It didn't do this last year though and it kinda makes me sick watching the cut-scenes. People who had the game last year will notice what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I get them during some cutscenes too, but not in all games. I played some online where it ran really smooth and didn't have any framerate stutters.. but I know I played as Miami at home and had some crappy framerates during cutscenes.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

BigDofBA said:
There are framerate issues for me during the cut scenes. This is the only time it happens though and it doesn't effect gameplay. It didn't do this last year though and it kinda makes me sick watching the cut-scenes. People who had the game last year will notice what I'm talking about.

It's literally making me sick. Like, not really dizzy, but I feel like I'm straining my eyes or something. So, i'm just skipping all cut scenes for now until I find a fix, if there is one. The players look so detailed it's like I don't want to complain, but on cut scenes at least, there is definitely something wrong with the framerate.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #8
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

actualy, when i played on my HD tv with the HD cables proved by microsoft, i had no framerate problems at all.

However when i played on my tiny normal tv in my room with the refular xbox cables that it came with, i had framerate issues liked decribed above.

I'd be interested to find out if people having framerate issues are on HDtv's with microsofts hd pack or on regular tv's... I think it might be the cables, but i might be wrong...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »