Home

Crazy AI Trades!

This is a discussion on Crazy AI Trades! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 12:45 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Crazy AI Trades!

Quote:

FootballForever said:
Heelfan71-that just seemes like to much work. PLus I thought that bkrich said just controll all the teams and just play the games with your favorite team and sim the other games. I haven't tried it but it seems like it would stop all those trades, and if a trade goes down in real life you can make it, by controlling every team.

the only thing I am not sure about (I will have to sim seasont to test it) is if you have to draft for all the teams when you do that.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

This is something I was hoping was fixed for this year, but apparently it is not. One of the reasons that I wind up playing NCAA for my offline dynasty and have a hard time playing more than a season or two with ESPN last year was the incredibly stupid AI trades (my personal favorite was last year the 49ers trade Jeff Garcia to the Vikings for Michael Bennett...yeah, that is going to happen...oh, and by the way the Ravens traded Ogden to the Bears to pick up Urlacher), and also the idiotic fantasy draft logic.

I usually liked to play with the Eagles in Madden but do a fantasy draft after I had the game for a while to swich things up. In Madden it was fine, they took things like salary cap management and rookie potential into consideration and didn't overload a team in one position. In ESPN, you will find that players are drafted right down the line in rating order position by position. What I mean by that is that E. George (who I think is rated an 81 or so this year) will be drafted before K. Jones (rated 78 this year) every time because the one guy is rated ahead of the other. I know that this is the case because I did about 15 rounds of a draft the other day and it is happening again. Also, I drafted Ray Lewis in the 3rd round and B. Urlacher in the 5th. My starting Linebacker core would have also included L. Arrington (2nd round) and J. Peterson (4th).

The other problem with the AI fantasy draft logic is that it was not uncommon last year for a team to wind up with (ex.) Vick as the starting QB backed up by Brady and Brooks. There was a team last year whose starting QB was K. Dorsey because they just decided not to draft any QB's till the end of the draft. I didn't go far enough into the draft to see if this is a problem this year, but I would imagine it probably is. Basically the Fantasy Draft francises are a waste of time, and unfortunately I won't be enjoying that part of the game this year.

When people say that Madden has the deeper franchise mode, I have to agree, but mainly because it is just smarter on the front office side of things. Both games have very deep features, but ESPN's are not all implemented well, and that is the most frustrating thing. Fortunately we have the online leagues now, so hopefully my fellow owners will make better decisions than the AI! I can't wait for online franchises on XBOX Next (a man can hope can't he?).
Old 07-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #11
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Can CPU initiated trades be turned off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 01:09 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
Can CPU initiated trades be turned off?

Nope.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #13
Rookie

"When people say that Madden has the deeper franchise mode, I have to agree, but mainly because it is just smarter on the front office side of things."

So that's why, in Madden the CPU teams would constantly bench veteran players like McNair and Gannon in favor of lower-rated and unproven rookies? Franchise was absolutely horrible in Madden last year because in a few years the whole league would collapse because of poor roster mangement. I wonder what you've been smoking.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

dork88 said:
"When people say that Madden has the deeper franchise mode, I have to agree, but mainly because it is just smarter on the front office side of things."

So that's why, in Madden the CPU teams would constantly bench veteran players like McNair and Gannon in favor of lower-rated and unproven rookies? Franchise was absolutely horrible in Madden last year because in a few years the whole league would collapse because of poor roster mangement. I wonder what you've been smoking.

Yeah, not to mention CPU teams starting 68 ovr rookie WRs over 80+ ovr veterans.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I posted about something similiar last night. The CPU is cutting star players when they're hurt. So after each week, check the transaction section for each team and see whose contract they've terminated. Todd Heap, Anquan Boldin, Sam Madison, Zack Thomas were all cut...and I was happy to add them to my team. You have to wait a week or 2 for them to be healthy, but its worth it. Though Denver traded Champ Bailey and Lenny Walls for Vonnie Holliday and then cut Holliday the next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 03:04 PM   #16
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

dork88 said:

You have to let your young players improve by getting them in the game.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »