Home

No proper simming for 3-4 D

This is a discussion on No proper simming for 3-4 D within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
No proper simming for 3-4 D

I play with the steelers and play one, sim one. The Steelers have 2 great ILB's, Bell and Farrior. When you sim however, it appears that OLB Haggan gets all the time that Farrior should get- thus, Farrior never gets any tackles, maybe one a game if lucky - he led the team last year!! I've altered the subs in my gameplan to get Farrior more time on the field but the sim engine doesn't seem to recognize this. How do I get Farrior some tackles on simmed games? Also, the default roster has a crap 2nd DT for the Steelers so I picked up a better one from free agency. I change the depth chart to put the better guy in the second slot- but the game doesn't sub him in as the 2nd DT when I go 4-3!! I even manually changed the line-ups in the sub menu and he still doesn't play during simmed games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: No proper simming for 3-4 D

first the game doesn't sim at all based on your subs , even if you set your subs for every scenario.
It sims based on the depth chart. There may be an option in your coaching profile to make sure it is set to 3-4 but the game may still sim on 4-3 all the time.

the best solution to overcome this may be to Create another Farrior(same ratings etc..)and create him at Outside Linebacker(be sure to put him at the same side as Haggans right or left ?) and delete/cut the original FarriorMLB - In your human played games you could play him at his real position of Middle linebacker by using the subs ,and when you had to sim at least he would be your 3rd linebacker and Haggans wouldn't start. It still kind of sucks that U would have 2 defensive tackles and 3 linebackers but at least Farrior isn't wasted.

Also if you don't plan to sim many games you could just alternate Bell and Farrior ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »