Home

"Custom Music and the Xbox" FAQ...

This is a discussion on "Custom Music and the Xbox" FAQ... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What About Mac Users?

For those of you that have Xbox Music Mixer, how do you download the songs onto your Xbox Hard Drive? I am able to transfer the songs from the CPU to the Xbox with Music Mixer, but then how do I save the songs onto the Xbox Hard Drive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 08:42 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nevermind...
Old 07-24-2004, 08:45 PM   #67
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

matt34652000 said:
For those of you that have Xbox Music Mixer, how do you download the songs onto your Xbox Hard Drive? I am able to transfer the songs from the CPU to the Xbox with Music Mixer, but then how do I save the songs onto the Xbox Hard Drive?

This might help you. This is a link to the Music Mixer section on the Xbox site. Hope it helps you.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/musicmixer/pctool-overview

Old 07-26-2004, 05:58 AM   #68
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

hey guys,
I also would like some custom music in my game but to be honest, i don't really have all the time in the world to edit files to 30-40 seconds each. Does anyone have their own list on their personal site or anything like that ready to just download and burn onto a cd?

just wondering.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:06 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been really playing with the Stadium Music Editor and I wanted to share a few things I've done to maximize its realistic effect on the game.

1. Try some audio-editing software to add a "reverb" effect to all of your tracks to make them sound like they're really coming out of a stadium's PA system. When I first played the game and added my own music, it just sounded like a CD on top of the rest of the game's audio, but with the reverb effect, it makes it sound like part of the atmosphere.

2. Make the clips last longer than they needed to (when editing them in the game). This prevents them from getting cut off and sounding funky.

3. If you want a clip to be shorter for a specific purpose, use the audio-edting software to fade it out, or cut off at a specific point. Since the in-game clip editor only lets you cut in/out at 1-second intervals, it's probably not going to be precise enough for you.

4. Make different clips of the same song. It's a good way to get more milage out of a set number of songs.

5. Use a bunch of clips. I have about 40 different clips loaded into my editor and will only hear the same clip in a game maybe once or twice, and that's when I'm doing well (getting lots of first downs, turnovers, etc.). I'm going to try to add about 40 more over time.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 17

After you put custom music in how do you turn it off without deleting it? Is there a way?
Also Is there a way to make it more subtle sounding in the game?
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

vinny said:
After you put custom music in how do you turn it off without deleting it? Is there a way?
Also Is there a way to make it more subtle sounding in the game?

Go to Options -> Presentation. I think it's the very last item in the last "Use Custom Stadium Music, On/Off"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Keirik said:
hey guys,
I also would like some custom music in my game but to be honest, i don't really have all the time in the world to edit files to 30-40 seconds each. Does anyone have their own list on their personal site or anything like that ready to just download and burn onto a cd?

just wondering.

It takes less than a minute to do. You can do it in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »