Home

Is ESPN 2k5 Franchise broken?

This is a discussion on Is ESPN 2k5 Franchise broken? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Is ESPN 2k5 Franchise broken?

No, it's not broken, at least for me.

I tested this by starting a franchise at All-Pro difficulty and weekly prep turned off. Each season, I saw 2-3 trades during the year and 3-4 trades in the offseason. I never saw more than 7 trades in a year.

Yes, about one deal a year was goofy. I saw a QB traded for a DE once, and I saw a kicker get traded for two position players. But I can live with one stupid deal a year, easy.

Maybe weekly prep has something to do with it, or maybe difficulty level. You guys might try that and see if it makes a difference.

So far my impressions of this whole game are still
Old 07-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

billharris44 said:
No, it's not broken, at least for me.

I tested this by starting a franchise at All-Pro difficulty and weekly prep turned off. Each season, I saw 2-3 trades during the year and 3-4 trades in the offseason. I never saw more than 7 trades in a year.

Yes, about one deal a year was goofy. I saw a QB traded for a DE once, and I saw a kicker get traded for two position players. But I can live with one stupid deal a year, easy.

Maybe weekly prep has something to do with it, or maybe difficulty level. You guys might try that and see if it makes a difference.

So far my impressions of this whole game are still

I have weekly prep turned off also and I am 3 weeks into the season and no trades yet and there is no good players cut.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:13 PM   #11
Banned

phattastic76's Arena

OVR: 4

I havent seen many trades, I dont think it is broken. I play as my team, and I could really give a damn what the rest of the league does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

why would you get mad at what the rest of the league is doing

if team a feels they can get better that way let them...if you feel that they made a wacky trade, look back at it after the regular season...

if they make the playoffs, and you dont ...well, guess all this bitchin' is for nor
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 PM   #13
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

yeah you can say "Who cares what the other teams do. Some people like the game to be life like, like the real NFL, so if Farve Gets traded in preseason week two I can see how people are getting pissed, you like your way and some people like it there way
Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #14
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Im just thinkg here What if and this is a big "WHAT IF", think about what I'm about to say.

What if when we start our franchise and keep the (Prep your team option on) its somehow causing teams to make really bad trades because of bad preping before there games causing player ratings to drop, and then the AI thinks these players aren't any good causing the AI to trade these players not knowing there ratings went down just from bad team prep before that up coming game in the week. That being said turning the prep option off makes the players keep there rating the basicly the same before each game?

just a thought but I had to say it
Old 07-22-2004, 11:38 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

FootballForever said:
Im just thinkg here What if and this is a big "WHAT IF", think about what I'm about to say.

What if when we start our franchise and keep the (Prep your team option on) its somehow causing teams to make really bad trades because of bad preping before there games causing player ratings to drop, and then the AI thinks these players aren't any good causing the AI to trade these players not knowing there ratings went down just from bad team prep before that up coming game in the week. That being said turning the prep option off makes the players keep there rating the basicly the same before each game?

just a thought but I had to say it

The problem with that is that I don't believe the computer uses weekly prep, or at least that was what they said during the franchise Q & A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 PM   #16
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

well maybe somthing going on here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »