Home

OK, now im mad!

This is a discussion on OK, now im mad! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 05:36 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OK, now im mad!

Quote:

myownsun said:
And so it begins

LoL....a la MVP 2004?? Heah...Dihigo's advice is the best though...however..during a Bye game..would you save before you sim the week? Because I had a bye in week 2 of my preseason..no trades were mad... i saved after the week...went into week 3...played my game (which was almost the last game played according to the games on the bottom that were simmed while it was getting to my game) after the game...two not so good trades were being made..tried to go back to the save point..but same two trades happened twice...did I make a mistake somewhere in there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 08:38 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

aholbert32 said:
Quote:

Nocork4u said:
Let me first say I have not owned an NFL game in 2 years, I have been strictly NCAA, and I dont post often because I dont think i have anything important to say but i must say this:

I enjoyed all my exhibition games, the game plays amazing. I enjoyed my first preseason game even though Ladanian tomlinson was traded for leonard little. I enjoyed my 2nd preseason game even though Michael Strahan was traded for Byron leftwhich....but after my 3rd preseason game i saw something that almost made me cry. A-Train sprained his neck for 8 weeks so i went to FA to see what kinda back i can pick up to replace him and i see 5 people on the FA list that upset me. Kellen Winslow was rated a 61 and a FREE AGENT, Drew Henson FREE AGENT, Willis Mchagee FREE AGENT, The QB the bills drafted in the first round this year FREE AGENT and last but not least T.J duckett FREE AGENT! I chucked a bit at first thinking i was looking at the wrong thing, nope. The Computers General manager skills AI is horrible! I cant play a franchise with a franchise Qb being traded every week for a DE. I cant play a game and worry that the dolphins will cut Vernon Carey(which they did and the browns picked him up). Im sorry Sega, but I think I will have to buy madden. The exhibition games alone may be worth 20 bucks though.

Here's my question? HAS ANYBODY ELSE SEEN THIS HAPPEN!!? I see the post of one person mentioning this issue and about 80 of people upset but no one else has had this happen to them. If its true its a major problem but how do you know that this was not a one time glitch?

People here are so quick to declare a game or a mode broken w/o seeing if this is a valid problem.

I have had the exact same players released in my franchise... Drew Henson, Willis McGahee and TJ Ducket were all released and picked up by other teams.

Not a gamebreaker for me though. But I find it odd that the exact same players were released in mine as in his.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:01 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't had anything that silly happen at all. Maybe one or two questionable trades, but it happens. Maybe the team's needs are different because of injuries. Even if I do see something I may question myself, it's not going to kill my fun.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am n week 7, on X-Box, All-Pro, and there hve been two trades, neiher that significant. I do not use weekly prep. Both of the trades and all the free agent signings were due to replcing players with injuries. I happen to like this because this makes me feel like I am competing aginst HUMAN opponents working with the salary cap and not just a computer. After all, the Packers in real life would never trde Farve, but a human player who knows he is about to retire, may need a defensive player and actually get something in return.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:36 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

assassin32 said:
I am n week 7, on X-Box, All-Pro, and there hve been two trades, neiher that significant. I do not use weekly prep. Both of the trades and all the free agent signings were due to replcing players with injuries. I happen to like this because this makes me feel like I am competing aginst HUMAN opponents working with the salary cap and not just a computer. After all, the Packers in real life would never trde Farve, but a human player who knows he is about to retire, may need a defensive player and actually get something in return.

I'm really startin to suspect that weekly prep, for whatever reason, may be causing the problem. I'm using the same settings that you are and my results are the same.

That's a relief, because the rest of this game is phenomenal and I'd like to play it for quite a while.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well definately there is a problem with the CPU General Manager AI, what VC may want to do is put the same thought into that as they did into the VIP feature, just take the last 10 years worth of "trade logic" in the real NFL and that may help with the crazy trades. Or they could add value to players based on what position they play or the individual teams overall rating for that position they are trading. My 2 cents, it can be done right.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Flyboy said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
i dont see it as a problem...if a franchise wants to shake up their team so be it...

Exactly. Big trades, cuts, signing, etc. seems to be a big problem in both pro basketball games and last year's Madden (not so much trades, cuts, etc. but rookies starting instead of veterans). I just live with it and keep chugging.

Exactly what I was going to point out. This problem existed across the board last year. I owned ESPN, Madden, and even NBA Live. In all three, there were very questionable trades and signings especially when simming games, and at the end of a franchise season. I just live with it, as long as it doesn't affect my team. Besides I don't sim games very much at all. I can actually play 16 games without a problem, so maybe that is why I don't see as much of the wierd stuff as some of you guys.

But if you are going to ditch this game and bash it because of this problem, you better pray that it doesn't exist in Madden this year as well. All I can say to people is either except the fact that all these games have need for improvement no matter how good they appear, or just don't play, if you are looking for perfection....It doesn't exist!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

What we need is someone from Sega to come on here and tell us what exactly is going on in Weekly Prep that is causing this bad trade logic. Its starting to sound like thats the culprit. Weekly prep is important to me but not as important as this assinine AI logic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »