Home

Awful framerate in xbox version

This is a discussion on Awful framerate in xbox version within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Awful framerate in xbox version

Must be something wrong with someones XBOX if they are getting slowdown cuz there is none in my version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I've played in bad weather and noticed slowdown but only when zooming out to check the alignment of my players. There has been absolutely no slowdown during actual play, and that doesn't include replays. I've noticed minumum slowdown at best, even during cutscenes. You can tell that the framerate isn't 60fps but it doesn't hinder the animations to the point of complaint, I don't think.

Same here. Let me reiterate this for the original poster and company... I returned NCAA due to slowdown issues. No matter what I did it was horrible. This game should not be put in the same sentence as NCAA. There many more effects and anmations in 2k5 and the only time framerate chugs in bad weather is when pulling the camera back.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

You are not alone my friend. I played NFL 2K4 long enough to see the difference in 2K5. If 2K4 was running at 60fps, then 2K5 can't be, especially in the cut scenes and on replays. In the snow it's even worse. I'm still playing the game and getting my $20 worth. The greatness of the game still shines through so much props to VC, but how they let this framerate issue make it into the final copy is beyond me.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:52 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Philstat said:
I think this is a BS post HANDS DOWN, I have NO SLOWDOWN what so ever the game is as smooth as silk. Total BS, I can't stand threads like this, probaly a Madden Idiot, NOBODY has been reporting to have problems, yeah keep trying buddy, don't disrespect the best football game of all time!

Geez thanks. I post my concerns and get attacked by people that can't handle a criticism of a *game*. Awesome.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:54 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:

Shamrock_11 said:
Quote:

Philstat said:
I think this is a BS post HANDS DOWN, I have NO SLOWDOWN what so ever the game is as smooth as silk. Total BS, I can't stand threads like this, probaly a Madden Idiot, NOBODY has been reporting to have problems, yeah keep trying buddy, don't disrespect the best football game of all time!

I'm with you on this one. I'm playing on normal speed, and the game seems 'too' smooth to me. I'm guessing that some of the people in this thread don't know what slowdown really is. There will always be someone to complain I suppose.

Hopefully you're not indicative of the intelligence of OS forum contributers. Sheesh.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:56 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

azn_essence said:
sega fanboys
I do agree with you on the slowdown man. It only occurs in bad weather like heavy rain and snow, but it's a pain in the [censored]. Especially online with the bad lag and heavy snow. It's unplayable.

Call one more person a fanboy and it will be your last post at OS.

My question to the guys with the slowdown is what version? Xbox or PS2.

I have yet to see any slowdown, but I haven't had a chance to play that many games. I am on the Xbox version.

Xbox version (Halo edition, brand new, ESPN 2004 plays like a dream on it). Widescreen set to on in the Xbox menu, 480p is as well. Rain, snow, and night games (at Foxboro) all exhibit massive amounts of slowdown when all players are on the screen at once (default camera, run up the middle).
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:

newsguy said:
Quote:

I've played in bad weather and noticed slowdown but only when zooming out to check the alignment of my players. There has been absolutely no slowdown during actual play, and that doesn't include replays. I've noticed minumum slowdown at best, even during cutscenes. You can tell that the framerate isn't 60fps but it doesn't hinder the animations to the point of complaint, I don't think.

Same here. Let me reiterate this for the original poster and company... I returned NCAA due to slowdown issues. No matter what I did it was horrible. This game should not be put in the same sentence as NCAA. There many more effects and anmations in 2k5 and the only time framerate chugs in bad weather is when pulling the camera back.

Uh no, it drops frames like crazy under the conditions I mentioned. I know what drops in frames looks like and its bugging me that an otherwise great game is ruined by the fact I cant play in snow, night, or rain games. Why some people turned this into an EA-Sega debate, or call me a liar is beyond me. Actually, it's not beyond me, but I'll keep my opinion on those kinds of people to myself.

To everyone else, I apologize for some of the tangents an otherwise useful message thread has taken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 AM   #32
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Can we not constantly compare to other games (namely NCAA) when discussing a possible problem ?

I understand the basis of comparison - when 1 guy said it , he pretty much covered that basis (covered the bases "hmm clever...")

What i am saying is 2 wrongs do not make a right. If i go out and rape 6 girlfriends it's not suddenly ok if i simply say "Well i am not Saddam". It is not ok for me to wear a mullet , if my cousin decides to cut his own hair and leaves bald patches. 2 wrongs do not make a right and there are more constructive ways to address this , then to say "so and such is worse"(bratty kids voice)

It is extremely redundant and pointless to continue to compare to other games (especially the same) OVER and OVER...

I am a HUGE espn satisfied customer - in fact i will most likely not even consider any other football games for this season, even though i love football and the price of Espn makes a double deal well within my budget...

But , I do see a bad trend where EV*ERY SIN*GLE TI*ME'(mothers voice) that any possible problem is discussed we have 15 guys say "it is not as bad as "[fill in EA sports title here]".

Lets get to the root of the problem. If there is a framerate problem, however slight, I know that I would like it to be known/understood/addressed by the great programmers who brought us this game before they bring us 2k6 they could nip it in the bud. - maybe we could even find a temporary solution in the meantime like turning off overlays or some similar adjustment of options that would help it to run smoother.

Don't Forget You get what you pay for - sorry that was bait - i am talking about the cheap shipping so I am still waiting for my copy to arrive , and i really don't know yet my opinion of the how noticable the framerate issue is (if at all).

Please consider what i said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »