Home

Awful framerate in xbox version

This is a discussion on Awful framerate in xbox version within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Awful framerate in xbox version

Just like MVP, the OS reviewer virtually ignores the fact that there's framerate problems in the game. That alone makes a 5/5 game drop a point in my mind. In ESPN 2K5, I and others, in offline games are seeing terrible framerate drops in snow, rain, and night games during the actual game and not just when zooming out the screen. It's exponentially worse online when you combine even a slight bit of lag with the framerate drops. It's at the point where I won't play a franchise game in bad weather, which is unfortunate since those conditions look nice and are fun to play in. Having contacted ESPN customer support, they offered the same lame advice as EA did with MVP. In other words, turn off 480p and widescreen support. Oy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Awful framerate in xbox version

I haven't noticed any issues yet.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I haven't noticed slowdown, but I've noticed that the framerate CANNOT be 60 FPS, it just can't be.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
Rookie

I've noticed some, but only in really close up cut scenes and it wasn't too bad. Granted it is there and if you wanted to get picky it would take a perfect 5 away. However, there are other more glaring problems to this otherwise stellar game that already bring it down a notch for me. Piss poor blocking schemes from the TE's for starters.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Somebody's a little anal in here if you want to see slowdown and framerate problems play ncaa 2005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
Banned

I'll just ignore the people that can't handle hearing a problem with the game, and feel the need to compare it to an EA game.

It's not just cut scenes slowing down. It's gameplay. The CPU hikes the ball, and runs up the middle and the game framerate drops and chugs (rain, snow, and night games).

I do agree that there are bigger problems than this, though. Namely the DBs never strafing when controlled by the CPU. This is why DBs take stupid angles, because they're forced to do a half circle every time they change direction. Watch play after play in slo-mo and you'll see it. That also drops the game a notch for me. But as others have said, for 20 bucks, it's a darned good game.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

You are just flat out wrong. I love madden as well, so no "comparisons" here, but I haven't noticed any gameplay slowdown on the box whatsoever.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

When I first loaded up my game, I played in heavy rain and there was terrible slowdown. With that said, I haven't seen that slowdown againa nd I have played in heavy rain again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »