Home

Interceptions...

This is a discussion on Interceptions... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Interceptions...

Anyone else finding it EXTREMELY hard not to throw interceptions? It doesn't matter which level I play on from pro to legend, I throw 3-4 INT's a game. Brady is gonna have 50+ INT's in a single season if this keeps up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Interceptions...

Default interceptions seem higher along with receiver drops. I’ve moved my Catching slider up and lowered that new Interception slider.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

The thing is, if I turn the INT slider down, I will score like crazy on Legend setting. I just won 21-6 while throwin 4 INT's. Two of them were within the opponent's 30 yard line.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Another thing is CB, FS and SS Catch rating. Last year, this rating was below 10 for most DB’s on all teams This year the ratings generally start around 15 for DB’s, and that’s just one or two players on each team. Last year, 5 of the 10 worst Catch ratings on each team belonged to DB’s. This year, it looks like maybe 5 out of the 25 worst Catch ratings on each team.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:27 AM   #5
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

I play with the Patriots as well and I've probably thrown about 10TDs and 5INTs with Brady so far. Most of those interceptions though were just because I was stupid and threw into double or even triple coverage. I've played 1 game with Heelfan's sliders and Brady went 16/24 175yds, 3TD, 1INT for me last night. I won the game 31-6 against the Raiders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 10:28 AM   #6
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

eXperiment63 said:
The thing is, if I turn the INT slider down, I will score like crazy on Legend setting. I just won 21-6 while throwin 4 INT's. Two of them were within the opponent's 30 yard line.

Try turning up the CPU Coverage slider A LOT and turning down Interceptions a few notches. They should cover you better but not intercept so many passes. I've found the sliders actually work so far.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

eXperiment63 said:

Adjust your sliders
Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't had any interception troubles with the default all-pro settings. In three games (my qb is Phillip Rivers btw) I've thrown five. The CPU has thrown a bit more, but different QBs equal different results.

Game 1: David Carr 6 Ints
Game 2: Chad Pennington 1 Int
Game 3: Jake Plummer 2 Ints

Maybe I'll turn human coverage down, but not until I complete a season. Keep playing and those picks should drop considerably. You'll only be able to beat double coverage so many times before you pay for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »