Home

ESPN 2k5 - RANT!

This is a discussion on ESPN 2k5 - RANT! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
ESPN 2k5 - RANT!

ESPN 2k5 is broken. To ESPN2k5's credit the graphics are pretty, the sounds affects are nice and the animations are quite well done.

However, ESPN 2k5 has HORRIBLE AI in pratically every aspect of the game. Let me start with the AI play-calling. The AI has consistently called 40-50 running plays with teams like New England, Philadelphia and NY Jets. When RBs have over 40 attempts against my Panthers, using 9 Minute quarters, I have a problem. Timeout management is broken. Ex, last night New England (AI) had 3 TOs with 50 seconds trailing by 2. They ran four consecutive running plays and used one TO, not getting close to FG range and I won. Thats on All-Pro level. The TO management is wildly inconsistent, because other times it'd burn TOs on three consecutive plays with over a minute left.

Now the Franchise AI... ugh. This is simply FUBAR. Its impossible to play Franchise with any expectations of a realistic league. After seven games, I played Green Bay minues Brett Favre and Ahman Green! WTF!?!? Both were traded. I can only imagine what would happen after a few seasons. Turning off trade AI doesn't 'fix' the inept trade AI.

In summary, it seems ESPN 2k5 is void of AI. Its a pretty game, sounds great but empty. ESPN 2k5 is great for ONLINE play, (assuming the work out the Live bugs, disconnects, etc) but for a single-player only person as myself ESPN isn't it.

Single-Player - 5.0 of 10

Multi-Player - 9 of 10

(BTW, I won't be getting Madden because I'm boycotting EA Sports' disregard for their NCAA 2005 effort)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ESPN 2k5 - RANT!

Quote:

UMiami said:
ESPN 2k5 is broken. To ESPN2k5's credit the graphics are pretty, the sounds affects are nice and the animations are quite well done.

However, ESPN 2k5 has HORRIBLE AI in pratically every aspect of the game. Let me start with the AI play-calling. The AI has consistently called 40-50 running plays with teams like New England, Philadelphia and NY Jets. When RBs have over 40 attempts against my Panthers, using 9 Minute quarters, I have a problem. Timeout management is broken. Ex, last night New England (AI) had 3 TOs with 50 seconds trailing by 2. They ran four consecutive running plays and used one TO, not getting close to FG range and I won. Thats on All-Pro level. The TO management is wildly inconsistent, because other times it'd burn TOs on three consecutive plays with over a minute left.

Now the Franchise AI... ugh. This is simply FUBAR. Its impossible to play Franchise with any expectations of a realistic league. After seven games, I played Green Bay minues Brett Favre and Ahman Green! WTF!?!? Both were traded. I can only imagine what would happen after a few seasons. Turning off trade AI doesn't 'fix' the inept trade AI.

In summary, it seams ESPN 2k5 is void of AI. Its a pretty game, sounds great but empty. ESPN 2k5 is great for ONLINE play, (assuming the work out the Live bugs, disconnects, etc) but for a single-player only person as myself ESPN isn't it.

Multi-Player - 9 of 10

(BTW, I won't be getting Madden because I'm boycotting EA Sports' disregard for their NCAA 2005 effort)

Didn't you say all this already
Old 07-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

UMiami said:

In summary, it seams ESPN 2k5 is void of AI. Its a pretty game, sounds great but empty. ESPN 2k5 is great for ONLINE play, (assuming the work out the Live bugs, disconnects, etc) but for a single-player only person as myself ESPN isn't it.

Multi-Player - 9 of 10

Agreeded...the passing is broken as well. Expample from last night.

I used Bledose and through 9-23 with about %75 of the passes dropped due to tackles and the otehr %25 to tips. Give me a break...what are they, high school players? Any friggin bullet pass was dropped and lobs were knocked away by the D.

Franchise mode is good so far, far too many tradeds... though
Old 07-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Old 07-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Didn't you say all this already

If I did I apologize. Please show me the link were I already said the above...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #6
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

I should seriously ask steve for vacation time during major title releases.

I think someone else posted something to this affect

before the game is released - everyone is on their heels. This will be the greatest game to ever be played. There is not stopping it, and i would sell my first born if i could have it today

game is released - OMG....this game rules, i am so happy. thanks to everyones

a few hours later - well, there are a few things that people have pointed which now i know about, but every game has flaws, so i am happy.

couple of days later - MY GOD, this game sucks!!!! i cannot beleive QA didnt catch any of this. Class action lawsuit. Everything is broken. TO ARMS!! TO ARMS!!!

about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later. - people are still complaining, but most have either learned to just play or moved on to the next game.

about 1 month into the game. - People just talking, a few rants here and there, a few bash fests comparing game x's flaws with game y's flaws.

Then we repeat the same thing next year.

I swear to you if i could take this setup and just switch around the forums with a few changes, other than the specific details, you would see the exact same posts.

Just found this funny. Guess i am ranting in a rant thread.

Carry on...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #7
Rookie

dont you guys realize ther is a **** thread for just for talking about glitches ????

wtf is wrong with you ppl flooding the forums while there is a stickied thread just for this ???

EVERY game has its flaws... this game has perfect gfx, presentations, cool unique features.... The Management AI really DOES trade more than in real life... some ppl like it... some ppl dont... some ppl dont care... its not really a BUG... its just the way sega decided to make it... for those that dont like it, a REAL EASY workaround has been posted b4... but this is not like a game killer.

the rest of the game is just perfect.. play on all pro with steves sliders and you should have the very [censored] best football experience that is possible on a videogame.. PERIOD.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
I should seriously ask steve for vacation time during major title releases.

I think someone else posted something to this affect

before the game is released - everyone is on their heels. This will be the greatest game to ever be played. There is not stopping it, and i would sell my first born if i could have it today

game is released - OMG....this game rules, i am so happy. thanks to everyones

a few hours later - well, there are a few things that people have pointed which now i know about, but every game has flaws, so i am happy.

couple of days later - MY GOD, this game sucks!!!! i cannot beleive QA didnt catch any of this. Class action lawsuit. Everything is broken. TO ARMS!! TO ARMS!!!

about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later. - people are still complaining, but most have either learned to just play or moved on to the next game.

about 1 month into the game. - People just talking, a few rants here and there, a few bash fests comparing game x's flaws with game y's flaws.

Then we repeat the same thing next year.

I swear to you if i could take this setup and just switch around the forums with a few changes, other than the specific details, you would see the exact same posts.

Just found this funny. Guess i am ranting in a rant thread.

Carry on...

Truest thing Ive ever seen posted!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »