Home

Anyone notice this about depth charts????

This is a discussion on Anyone notice this about depth charts???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone notice this about depth charts????

You can't set your second and third string KR/PR in the depth chart. Also, you can't sub a ILB for an OLB. VC is making my franchise a little harder to manage than I'd like. I have to do too many depth chart adjustments in the playbook manager, which takes an extremely long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Anyone notice this about depth charts????

As far as I can tell you can't add a player to any spot on the depth charts, you can only replace someone already on it(and only then if the guy you want to add plays the same position). Example:the Texans depth chart still has M. Coleman listed at cb(behind Dunta Robinson). In real life he will be playing fs this year, but there is no way to move him to that spot because the game won't let cb's line up at safety. So for now I'm stuck with the crappy Marlon McCree(aka "the weakest link") flailing about uselessly in the secondary.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone notice this about depth charts????

Yeah Ive noticed it too. Its not a really big deal to me in the larger scope of things, but it would be cool next year if they handled depth charts and positions like EA did with college football this year. For those of you who dont own it, you can actually change someones position, be it they might suffer a penalty for it. For example if you put Rae Lewis (whos a middle linebacker) ant Right Outside Linebacker..he could play that position, but his overall rating might go from 99 to like 90 just because thats not his natural position. the farther away you move a player from his natural position the bigger of a hit you take on his rating. Like if you took Michael Strahan (a defensive end) and put him at Quarter back..sure anyone can play the position, including him..but maybe where hes a 94 overall as a defensive end, he might be a 34 at QB.

I understand what youre getting it, but for me the game kicks so much [censored] that I can look past this thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »