Home

Dropped Pass Fix

This is a discussion on Dropped Pass Fix within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dropped Pass Fix

it means if it is a fly you push the left thumb stick up while passing and the ball instead of being thrown right to the reciever you can throw it and catch the reciever in full stride or he may have to dive for it. you can throw it to the left or right a bit to pass to the coresponding shoulder. etc you can under throw overthrow thow to the corners etc.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

threw 15 passes at TO, and I only caught 3. After looking over each reply I notice somthing, these passes were bouncing off my head, or shoulder. Unlike Madden I just cant hit the catch button and let the WR do the work, I need to put myself into position to catch the pass, just like real life.

Wow, you dropped that many in "offense only" practice mode? What works for me is leading the REC only when I have to and hardly ever taking control of the REC, whether I lead him or not.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:31 AM   #11
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I always let the CPU handle the catching. I for some reason put myself out of position when I take control.

My issue so far has been overthrowing the receiver. They are dropping balls in their hands, but it is difficult to catch a 60 mph football at your fingertips.

Like you said, you gotta go for the body a lot more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey guys, i need help with max passing. online i get my wr's open but they get caught up to and drop the ball. i want to know what i could do to help them get more ctaches. how exactly does max passing work? do you push the right analog hard/soft/medium or what? i seem to be better with the computer doing it but i would like to at least try doing it on my own. thanks for any tips/pointers.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:48 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

janus3 said:
hey guys, i need help with max passing. online i get my wr's open but they get caught up to and drop the ball. i want to know what i could do to help them get more ctaches. how exactly does max passing work? do you push the right analog hard/soft/medium or what? i seem to be better with the computer doing it but i would like to at least try doing it on my own. thanks for any tips/pointers.

you use the LEFT analog stick. the harder you push it the further you lead the receiver. It takes some practice to get used to.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Immediately after you press the pass button, press the left stick in the direction you want to lead the receiver. Pushing up, throws over his head and makes him play catch-up. Left and right will make it go those directions. The stick is sensative and the more you move it, the further in that direction it will go, so be careful. But once you get this down, you will improve your game tremendously. Also, take the time to go through all the practice sessions. It will teach you how to do alot of things to help improve your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »