Home

Defending the Pass... HELP

This is a discussion on Defending the Pass... HELP within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Defending the Pass... HELP

Quote:

cub said:
Quote:

hotadef said:
use a man defence on obvious pass play helps and of couse pressure on the qb. hey if you give any qb in the nfl time he will make a play unless he just sucks. so dont let the man have all the time and if you have good db decent coverage ability and good enough speed. try the bump and run and rush the qb you will get good results doing this. the routes are slower to develope and it doesnt give the qb enough time to make good reads

Maybe I should blitz some DBs.

Getting to the QB with the Chiefs linemen is very tough. Their highest-rated pass rusher is a 72! I've played three games, every down I used the best defensive end and rushed the QB, and I have one sack TOTAL in those three games. I have one other play where the guy was forced to hold me to prevent a sack. That's it.

I use the Chiefs and they have a very poor front 4 for pass rush (or even run defense).

I like to blitz Fujita from the outside, I usually get a sack a game with him. Not so much with the DEs.

Mix it up. Use stunts, blitzes, zones, man. I like to use Bear formation when facing a 2 WR set and blitzing Fujita. Behind the blitz I switch between man, 2 deep zone, and 3 deep zone. I play a lot of zone out of the nickel set in 3rd and long. But not the same zone each time.

I did get a sack with Holliday in my last game in a prevent defense for 3rd and long. The T just set up too far outside and I used a special move to get inside and kill the QB.

But the current Chiefs are not going to be like the Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith days.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:00 PM   #10
cub
MVP

OVR: 7

Yeah, I guess this is just gonna take some practice. I feel more comfortable with Fujita back in the secondary, but I guess he'd be more valuable putting pressure on the QB.

Quote:

TecmoBowl said:
But the current Chiefs are not going to be like the Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith days.

Ah, those were the days. The suck thing is that they have the '93 Chiefs in this game, and they gave Derrick a 65 or something lame for pass rush. They also gave him the wrong number.

That's just disrespectful.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

cub said:
Yeah, I guess this is just gonna take some practice. I feel more comfortable with Fujita back in the secondary, but I guess he'd be more valuable putting pressure on the QB.

Quote:

TecmoBowl said:

Ah, those were the days. The suck thing is that they have the '93 Chiefs in this game, and they gave Derrick a 65 or something lame for pass rush. They also gave him the wrong number.

Blasphemy. You sure it is DT? It may be some other player since the numbers are messed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 11:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

'B' button then 'Y' button

Really fast.

this works for me. They seem to honor player controlled defender.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

i gave up all hope on playing defense on this game...you can't control the defensive backs or linebackers well at all. They always seem to do some sort of 360 everytime you move them and it takes them out of position. I just don't feel that i have control of any of my defensive players. Just my opinion
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

They also gave him the wrong number.

I dont think any of the players on historic teams have "their" number, unless they are still in the NFL.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I kind of feel the same way, that I don't have good control of my defenders whatsoever. It reminds me alot of Madden, although Madden this year allegedly has fixed their terrible DB AI.

I saw in the defense tutorial that you could push Y and have the computer controlled defender perform the desired action, but when i tried this in practice it didnt seem to work. I could be wrong, I'll have to go back and test it out some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 12:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

For those that play online, I could really use some help as well.

What defenses to you align in in the following:

2wr sets
3wr sets
4wr sets

What db or lb audibles do you use. My biggest problem is figuring out what certain defensive plays are good for.

What defenses or adjustments are good for slants?
for outs?
for post outs?
for post in deep down the middle?

Do you recommend using the gameplan features in consistently doubling the best wr?

From my experience it seems you have to take control of the db or lb in coverage and hit the white button at the right time, a tall task for us beginners. Otherwise the wr's just pull it in. Very furstrating...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »