Home

VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way

This is a discussion on VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 01:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: VC responds to XBox LIve server problems/ patch on the way

That is a good idea going forward. I don't think this game is perfect, but I do think it does a lot of things well and that it's a lot of fun to play. Every game has it's quirks and bugs these days, but at the same time there is a lot of love that goes into these games as well. You can tell VC poured their heart and soul into this game and so far I haven't had a problem appreciating it.

Quote:

queens211 said:
Than I'm sorry to. This is the last and final time I let myself get into all the hype.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #34
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

queens211 said:
Than I'm sorry to. This is the last and final time I let myself get into all the hype.

the sooner you do that the MORE you'll ENJOY sports gaming
Old 07-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's funny how impatient people are. Folks, it's a GAME. If does not mean nuclear armegeddon if the game is not 100% correct out of the box. Sure, it's a little frustrating, but shessh...come on.

I for one, am having so much fun in the franchise mode, that I hardly am missing live play at this point. I need the time to get better anyways. I can log onto Live and check [censored] out, but cannot hook up to play a game with someone due to the inability to verify my rosters.

People are acting like they are not going to fix it. The very first post in this thread says that they will fix it, and soon. Just relax, the Live problems will be fixed shortly. Until then, play with the rest of the game, it's fantastic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #36
Rookie

I do appreciate the game, in fact its the only football version I have purchased beginning w/ 2k3. But when you read all the hype since e3 and hear about the improvements and what the game will do that last years version didn't do and than we buy the new game and there are these problems. I mean come on already. Patches can be made to fix these problems. VC did it in 2k3 to fix the "super dive" and another issue that I cant remember. It's just a matter of them admitting to the fact that there were some oversights in the gameplay and they will be addressed. Again, I don't understand how the beta testers miss these things. They need to be addressed for online and offline. Either that or re-call the discs and put out improved versions. Madden did it last year.

As loyal fans who have stuck with VC/Sega through the thick and thin, I think something should be done, soon, to correct these issues. Its the right thing to do after all the pomp and circumstance.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:40 PM   #37
Rookie

Look, queens, I understand that these are big problems for you and I don't mean to belittle your opinion, but I don't think I see that many people that share your complaints to the same degree that you do. There was internet wide outrage over the lefty glitch in MVP 2004. With NFL2k5, aside from online problems, I see mostly satisfied customers.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:17 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

queens211 said:
I do appreciate the game, in fact its the only football version I have purchased beginning w/ 2k3. But when you read all the hype since e3 and hear about the improvements and what the game will do that last years version didn't do and than we buy the new game and there are these problems. I mean come on already. Patches can be made to fix these problems. VC did it in 2k3 to fix the "super dive" and another issue that I cant remember. It's just a matter of them admitting to the fact that there were some oversights in the gameplay and they will be addressed. Again, I don't understand how the beta testers miss these things. They need to be addressed for online and offline. Either that or re-call the discs and put out improved versions. Madden did it last year.

As loyal fans who have stuck with VC/Sega through the thick and thin, I think something should be done, soon, to correct these issues. Its the right thing to do after all the pomp and circumstance.

Every game in the history of video games has had problems. There never has been or never will be a perfect videogame. The problems will be fixed....next year. That's the way it has always worked with every other console game, why should this one be different?

Madden's situtation was different. They had a bug that made an advertised feature flat out not work. That isn't the case with ESPN.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:07 PM   #39
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I was raised on TecmoBowl and Madden and in those games the DB AI, Trade AI and pursuit angles where...where pretty much non-existant. The problem is now days all you people somehow let the media and marketing hype suck you into thinking this isn't just a video game when it is. It is still only some odd 20 years since video games were invented - they cost $20-$50...maybe you should just stop expecting them to be 'real' and just enjoy them as a game.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #40
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

lnin0 said:
I was raised on TecmoBowl and Madden and in those games the DB AI, Trade AI and pursuit angles where...where pretty much non-existant. The problem is now days all you people somehow let the media and marketing hype suck you into thinking this isn't just a video game when it is. It is still only some odd 20 years since video games were invented - they cost $20-$50...maybe you should just stop expecting them to be 'real' and just enjoy them as a game.

B
I
N
G
O

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »