Home

Do players FATIGUE THROUGHOUT the game realistically?

This is a discussion on Do players FATIGUE THROUGHOUT the game realistically? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Do players FATIGUE THROUGHOUT the game realistically?

I know there is an individual fatigue bar that fills up and replenishes each player inbetween plays but is there ongoing effects of fatigue throughout the game that slowly wears away at certain players with lower stamina ratings?

For instance would certain players be more affected later in the game with slight effects to their overall performance based on their stamina? Or is the game still only dependant only on the immediate fatigue bar under the player when you click on the fatigue overlay button at the line of scrimmage?

I remember last year, one of the things that was discussed in 2K4, the simplified fatigue system was a bit too easy to manipulate and was quite possible to play an entire game with your players almost always at 100% of their stamina/energy?

I was wondering if this year anyone noticed changes made resulting in a more realistic fatigue model that takes into account the gradual effects throughout the entire game.

I would only think so because of the in depth weekly prep feature that they added and all the drills and excercises you could do to improve player's stamina. It would only make sense but I'm not too sure. I played one game in which I was very effective against my opponent in the first half but in the 2nd half, the opposition dominated my defense and I was wondering how much of that could be attributed to the effects of improper stamina preperation and having a group of players on the field that just werent as sharp as they were during the first half of the game.

what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do players FATIGUE THROUGHOUT the game realistically?

I'm probably seeing things but I'm pretty sure I have seen this.
I'll start a game and the bars will usually be full by the snap.
Then late 3rd I'll be snapping the ball with my guys only at 50%.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Banned

this is interesting.....thanks

I actually did a little quick game test. I pulled the FATIGUE sliders all the way to the LEFT ( no red ) and ran a game to exaggerate any of the effects. It seemed like the fatigue sliders empty alot quicker but were replenishing quicker early in the game.....toward halftime. I was seeing the bars empty out more frequently and replenish more slowly.

So it does seem like there seem to be some more gradual effects of fatigue and wear on a player as the game goes on....which is great! I only tried this quickly so I would like to hear even more feedback from everyone on the effects of fatigue throughout the game on a player.

thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #4
Banned

I may have spoke a bit too soon. It really seems like it's using exactly the same fatigue system as last year.....players will simply slowly replenish their stamina in between plays. if you change possessions and look at your squad on their next drive out on the field, they seem to be 100% replenished, even late in the 4th quarter. So I am not really sure if anything has changed for the better here in terms of compounded game fatigue.

Can anyone else offer some input into this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »