Home

V.I.P. + Online Capabilities = Total Scouting

This is a discussion on V.I.P. + Online Capabilities = Total Scouting within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8
V.I.P. + Online Capabilities = Total Scouting

Those of you that play online leagues ought to have already thought about this (I'm sure somebody has but hasn't mentioned it yet). I'm not an online gamer but if Online Franchise was available, I would be.

If you have played ESPN NFL 2005 yet, you would know what V.I.P. does. If not, then I'll tell you. V.I.P. is the new idea of profiling how a player literally plays and gives you, the gamer, the opportunity to test your skills out against the skills of another gamer's V.I.P. profile.

The greatest thing about having V.I.P. is that you can now do an ultimate scout on a player. But what I realized is that now instead of just looking at the numbers the V.I.P. tracks, you can literally practice against the profile during the week before you play your game against that opponent online. Numbers can tell you one thing about the player but until you see it in action, you will never have total complete sense of how your opponent plays. It's like really watching film on the player.

So my question is this: "Have online leagues already incorporated this idea into their league?"

The League Commish could set a new rule where you have to submit your latest V.I.P. so your next opponent can download it and get a true scouting report on you before you two actually play your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: V.I.P. + Online Capabilities = Total Scouting

You can't submit a VIP, its automatically saved to the server after every ranked online game.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:24 PM   #3
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

Okay then, maybe not an online league but if you have a league with a bunch of people in your area, then you could pass your V.I.P. over to another person and scout it that way.

So I guess my new question is this:

Can you login to XBox Live or whatever the PS2 version is, and play against other people's V.I.P.'s?
Old 07-24-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You are supposed to be able to download players online VIP, and then be able to play a practice game against them. Now figuring out how to actually do this is the next step. I have downloaded a few friends VIP's, but have been unable to figure out how to play against the VIP.

You are also supposed to be able to play against your own VIP, but I haven't figured out how to download my own ONLINE VIP, or how to play against it.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
Rookie

TheCommish's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

FSU_Animal said:
Okay then, maybe not an online league but if you have a league with a bunch of people in your area, then you could pass your V.I.P. over to another person and scout it that way.

So I guess my new question is this:

Can you login to XBox Live or whatever the PS2 version is, and play against other people's V.I.P.'s?

Yup, when you look at their profile it gives the opportunity to DL their VIP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

Reighvin said:
You are supposed to be able to download players online VIP, and then be able to play a practice game against them. Now figuring out how to actually do this is the next step. I have downloaded a few friends VIP's, but have been unable to figure out how to play against the VIP.

I figured it out. After you download it, go to the Options>>Load screen from the main menu and load the VIP. Then start setting up the game and you should be able to select the VIP from the VIP coaches menu.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll try it out as soon as I get off work. Thanks for the help.

Have you figured out how to download your own VIP profile yet?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:08 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Yea, I'll be doing it in both my online leagues. Really cool feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »