Home

I seriously need some help defending the pass. Please.

This is a discussion on I seriously need some help defending the pass. Please. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 08:35 PM   #17
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I seriously need some help defending the pass. Please.

The steelers have terrible CBs so I feel your pain. One thing that has helped me is calling zone defenses and then putting the CBs man to man on the outside. That leaves the LBs covering the middle in zone and the safeties defending for the deep ball. All the CBs have to do is stay close to their man because they have zone help all over the field. Try this strategy, it really made a huge improvement for me. Also, not pressing the B button but letting the CPU cover and then pressing Y to make the CPU defender swat the ball away helps.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

finished the game and lost 16-8, bulger only had 161 hards but holt had 10 catches for 129 yards. offense came alive late. i had 2 sacks the entire game but got sacked about 7 times. i hate the qb protection in this game.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Read the DEFENDING THE PASS - 90% confirmed post. I guarantee you won't be sorry.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #20
cub
MVP

OVR: 7

Well, I tried the Y button thing last night and I can't tell if I'm effecting anyone or not. When the QB passes the ball, I just keep hammering the Y button until the play ends. Sometimes they go for the ball. Sometimes they just run alongside watch the WR catch it, then watch as he turns upfield and heads towards the end zone.

Also, I rush the passer on every down with the DE and call lots of blitzes, and my team has one sack total in seven games (and that includes a game against the Texans). My user-controlled guy got the only sack my team has so far in a preseason game against the Titans.

I just don't feel like I have much impact over the game with the things I'm doing. It's almost like I'd do just as well if I sat there and didn't touch the controller.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Just keep practicing..i had trouble stopping the pass..especially deep at first but now i got things under controll..takes patients my friend. Alot of it has to do with picking the correct plays and double team key WR's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 06:40 PM   #22
cub
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

Moegames said:
Just keep practicing..i had trouble stopping the pass..especially deep at first but now i got things under controll..takes patients my friend. Alot of it has to do with picking the correct plays and double team key WR's.

And not playing as the Chiefs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »