Home

What do you give this game?

This is a discussion on What do you give this game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2004, 05:16 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What do you give this game?

Quote:

ForeverYoung said:
If the game had not that many bugs: 9/10

... but with all the bugs & glitches I rate it 6/10

Sorry VC, but release the game when it's ready.

If you really want to get an advantage over Madden, then don't repeat the same mistakes (releasing buggy games) that EA does.

I'm an NFL2kx fan, but I'm not a fanatic or fanboy so that I can ignore all that crap.
I wonder if all the official reviewers (like IGN, but even operationsports) who rated this game 90+ only played it for one hour?
I can't wait for the review of Sports Gamer Blog. They tell the truth about the games, just check out their optinion of NCAA2004.

(*****)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 07:58 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Presentation: 10/10
Graphics: 10/10
Sound: 10/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Bugs: 6/10
Online Play: 9/10 (when it works)
Value: 10/10 - best $20 game EVER.

Overall: 8.9/10 If not for the bugs, it would be a 9.5 easily.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

ESPN NFL 2K5 - Xbox

Best looking football to date but I still see ploygon swopping going on. Great looking pants. You can see the shoulder pads through the jersey mesh. The lighting is better.
Graghics - 9.8

The Passing and running game is improved and even more realistic than 2K4. V.I.P. and smarter CPU AI. Best blocking, passing, catching, running and tackling animation there is.
Gameplay - 9.5

It's ESPN the worldwide leader in sports. Berman's halftime and post game replays are hard to beat. Commentary still do have old phrases in there but still the best of any sports game out period. Injury, Player and fan cut-scenes.
Presentation - 9.8

Some how VC was able to put more momentum in the game without making you feel out of control like other football games. More and improved on the fly controls.
Controls - 9.8

Custom stadium music but it should only play at your home games. Again the best commentary and great on the field sounds and who can forget the trash talk.
Sound - 9.0

The depth charts get a new paint job but it's still the worse thing in the game. Edited Playbooks should automatically load during your franchise and should not have to be loaded before each and every game.
Roster management - 6.5

Online Leagues with player injuries and trades. All I can say is stay away from people with poor connections the lag will throw you off. By time I got used to it it was too late. Why can't you setup a game staight from the messenger service?
Online - 9.3

First Person Football, The Crib, ESPN 25th Anniversary mode, Situation mode, Celebrations, Custom Stadium music, Audio Test, Basic Training, Offensive and Defensive training and the in game Game Manual.
Extras - 10.0

OVERALL - 9.3
Old 07-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

ForeverYoung said:
If the game had not that many bugs: 9/10

... but with all the bugs & glitches I rate it 6/10

Sorry VC, but release the game when it's ready.

If you really want to get an advantage over Madden, then don't repeat the same mistakes (releasing buggy games) that EA does.

I'm an NFL2kx fan, but I'm not a fanatic or fanboy so that I can ignore all that crap.
I wonder if all the official reviewers (like IGN, but even operationsports) who rated this game 90+ only played it for one hour?
I can't wait for the review of Sports Gamer Blog. They tell the truth about the games, just check out their optinion of NCAA2004.

&
Old 07-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 22

An honest rate from me. 9.5

Hands down, this is the best football game i've ever played..this includes the bugs that are in the game.

Also take note: I havent seen a bad review of ESPN in any site or mag yet! This PROVES that this is a AWSOME GAME!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:03 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

Some of us who rated it 9 and above (me-9.75) played it for more than an hour.
&

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »