Home

How is your season going ?

This is a discussion on How is your season going ? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 07:48 PM   #25
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How is your season going ?

6-2 thusfar with the Jags on All-Pro. Haven't had one blowout either way yet. Every game has been fairly close. Some games with a big lead at halftime have come down to a last second field goal.

Gameplay has been very rewarding so far. Neither of my losses seemed "cheap" and my wins have all been hard fought.

Preseason I lost my backup QB (David Garrard) and both of my starting DTs (John Henderson and Marcus Stroud) for the entire year... so I had to do a lot of free agency deals before the start of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

This year, ratings really make a big difference. I've played the Chargers, and completely lit them up passing wise, and then I got shutdown when playing teams like Miami with real good defenses.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:34 PM   #27
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I am 1-3 with the Texans. I have no running game. Thats whats killing me the most right now. And my defense hasnt exactly been dominating. I think the Texans poor ratings have a lot to do with my struggles plus me still getting used of the game.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

1-3 with the Chargers. Just got my butt handed to me by the Titans (44-3)
Old 07-25-2004, 10:37 PM   #29
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

4-6 with the Chargers, tied for first with Dallas (I realigned the division so that I could play in my favorite stadiums, Dallas, Chicago, and Seattle), but they have more division wins, so...

I Traded Brees, their kicker, and some crappy HB for Matt Stover. Rivers is my starting QB. He has WAY too many interceptions thrown, and a horrible completion percentage, everything else looks good for him, though.

LT isn't having an All Star calibur year or anything, but he's not getting all of the carries he should be, either. He'll get some more in the second half of the year (which is just about now).

I'm looking at two top-notch rookie WR's, don't know which one I will choose first, though. Most of my offense is already set, except for my WR's, so I'm going to need to either make a trade, a signing, or draft a good guy. Both of those rooks have a catch rating of 4 (from the Rookie Reports, not their actual rating), and I think that's maximum, not sure, though.

My goals are to:

PRIMARY
- Win more than three games this season========COMPLETE

SECONDARY
- Improve your rushing game===================ON TRACK
- Rank higher than 25 in the league==============ON TRACK
Old 07-25-2004, 11:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

9-4 with the Eagles.

I started out slow, 2-4, so I bumped down the difficulty to Pro. Even then, some games were pretty close, and I had to jump in late in the 4th to right the ship.

I traded Simon for Charles Tillman (CB, 86) early on, since I need a good CB, and this is Simon's contract year, and he undoublty wants big money. Which isn't possible, since I want to sign Westrook for 7 years. And, Tillman is only in his second year, so he could become good.

Westbrook leads the league in rushing. Around 1400 yards. around 5.3 ypc.

Owens leads the league in rec yards, but with only 50 rec's. a 20.3 rec average.

I plan on drafting a DT in the first round, then trading the rest of my draft away for some established young players.

And I plan on putting the difficuly back to all-pro next season.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:36 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

thejake said:
I am 1-3 with the Texans. I have no running game. Thats whats killing me the most right now. And my defense hasnt exactly been dominating. I think the Texans poor ratings have a lot to do with my struggles plus me still getting used of the game.

Texas is 6-3 in my season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 12:42 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

6-1 with the Jets now. Beat the Patriots on the road by 7, and beat the Dolphins on MNF 13-10 in OT. Next I have a huge game in Buffalo, with the 6-1 Bills. I gave them their only loss in our first game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »